BaBa Booey

Raspbernie

This morning, Howard Stern played his musical guessing game pitting Gary (BaBa Booey) Dell'Abate against a listener. Each attempted to guess as many song titles/singers as they could from a grouping of tunes played by Howard. One of them was "Hungry Eyes."

After guessing Eric's name correctly, Gary said, "Eric Carmen was once in a great band called the Raspberries." To which Howard responded (as he abruptly stopped playing "Hungry Eyes"), "Anything would be better than this!"

:-P --Bernie

I give great thanks to "Hungry Eyes" (which I also believe to be quite inferior to just about any of Eric's own compositions) because without it Eric would never have had the chance to write and record "Make Me Lose Control." Those two back-to-back Top Ten hits brought Eric an astounding amount of publicity when most pundits had pretty much written him off. --Bernie

Yes I'll agree that "Hungry" gave Eric the impetus to make "MMLC", but I don't believe that it would have ever been a hit on it's own without the "Dirty Dancing" juggernaut behind it.

As much as I also love "MMLC", and granted I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but instead of striking while the iron was hot, all it did was put Eric back into hibernation.

Marvin

Now wait just a minute, I liked 'Hungry Eyes'. Granted, it is not my all-time favorite EC song, but it was still a good song. It got Eric back together with his old producer and it did lead to MMLC which I think is great. It turned out to be very frustrating though because I also thought that would lead to the release of a new (material) CD. Instead, it was released on the 'Best of' which was disappointing because the first release of that CD I bought did not include MMLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No doubt about it Billy. I've posted the same feelings here many times. I'd love to hear Eric's take on why there was no music after "MMLC" for another 10+ years. I know that he was embroiled in a lawsuit around the same time, but it's hard to keep a fan-following when you're out of their eyes/ears for that long a time.

Marvin