Book Announcement: May 1!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for Bernie and Ken. Will this book contain warts and all? After a two hour visit with Anastasia at our house a few weeks ago we learned much about local and national rock stars throughout the years. Just curious. Thanks. Roonie

To quote a song title I know "At Long Last Love!"

Thanks for this labour of love!!!! I just reserved mine yesterday (did you get my reservation? I hope so). Having actually held it in my hands in the beginning, and having kept the big secret, I KNOW everyone will find it well worth the price, which is nothing compared to what they will find inside. Just before your announcement, I was ready to drive over and put a much more generous amount of cash in your hand to be sure I had one for sure. In your usual "first class" way, however, you made it possible for all of us to reserve a copy. Thanks again.

I appreciate how much it costs to publish a copy of a beauty such as this, and since I know there will probably not be anything near breaking even for your financial investment, when it's time to pay up, I intend to contribute a "gift" to the project as well. I hope anyone who can afford something extra will do it as well. The book is worth at least twice what you're asking. Congratulations!!!! smilesmilesmile

WAHOO!!!!

smile --Darlene

Roonie,

We spoke to lots and lots of people about lots and lots of things. Everybody gets a chance to have his or her say -- both good and bad. Nothing is sugar coated. But it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone on this board that this particular tale has a happy ending :-)

Bernie

Bernie I preface the following remarks by saying that I truly am looking forward to reading Eric's words, and do sincerely appreciate the fact that you went through all this trouble for us.

I find it interesting that you say that the book includes a "happy ending." We all know that there was no such thing with the 'berries. So the cynic inside of me says that unless the book includes the "warts" from Dave and Wally, the story cannot be complete.

Marvin

Marvin,

You are correct, the Raspberries story most definitely did not have a "happy ending," and the band's rise and fall is fully documented... you won't just be reading Eric's words. But as we all know, Eric's story was far from fully written when that seminal band broke up. As for warts, fear not... heck, how could anyone write a book about Eric's life and miss out on all of the Raspberries back-biting, hair-pulling, refusing to wear white matching suits and shave mustache complaining that went on. Still, through it all, some pretty glorious music was made :-)

Bernie

PS: For Dougjack -- both books have the same 'printed' content. Obviously the presentation, limited edition quantity and autograph make the hardcover a more deluxe (and therefore exclusive) product.

My wife doesn't like me to do the internet on weekends. I hope I'm not too late, as I just reserved one of each book.

I know Bernie's happy ending is about whether Eric is happy at this time in his life. With a hot wife, 2 healthy kids and at least couple of million in the Banco de Carmen from Eric's success in music, what do you think the answer to the happy question would be?

"No, I'm miserable because I just can't seem to get Wally and the gang to see it my way?"

"No, I'm depressed because "ABM" only went to #2 on the BB charts. And it's been eating at me for 28 years!?"

"No, I'm suicidal because I can't get those Freakin' Canadians to appreciate "WD"?"

I think today Eric is a happy, healthy, hibernating musical genius.

Mama Bear will wake him up this spring to sign 250 books, then it's back to the Carmen Cave for more fun with the cubbies and sleep. zzz

Gee Tony, how brave of you, I slept with the computer beside my bed. There was no way I was missing out on this super opportunity. I'd love to get a few hints at the surprises too, but will have to wait like everyone else. July will be here before you know it. JUNE laugh

You slept by the computer? Darn, I totally forgot that May 1st was the day that the book reservation thingy happened. Does that mean you're going to kick me off the list??? I still managed to reserve a copy of the book, so not to worry...

Darn husband having a birthday on May 1st. Totally distracted me from the really important things in life...

Bernie....perhaps a CD-R of an entire Raspberries concert?????? That would be a great "extra" to the deluxe hard cover edition!!!

I vote Agora 75.....my favorite version of Tonight...complete silence...then suddenly "do it....you look to young to know about romance!!!!"

Michelle, several times a month, I have to make a choice between spending more time with my wife, or going back to EC.com one more time to post...I have my priorities straight, and so should you!

Did you know kids can amuse themselves for hours locked in a closet?

Sure, my wife looks good lying there naked and all...But I have another thought about Eric I need to express, and I just can't wait!

crazy