Book Announcement: May 1!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's been just a little over 12 hours since I made the pre-reservation announcement and a quarter of the signed copies have already been reserved. They are going fast and to all corners of the globe!

Once I reach 250 reservations I will be putting the remainder of the people interested in an autographed copy on a waiting list in the event that someone who has successfully made a reservation changes their mind. Until then, don't miss out.

Put your name on the RESERVE list. You have nothing to lose.

Bernie

Bernie, can you post when all 250 copies have been unofficially spoken for so we know if we "made it" or not? I had to work all day and couldn't reserve a copy till late, and I'd really like to know if I have a "real" reservation or a "standby" one

I thought $60 was a very reasonable offer for a limited edition, autographed, 400 page hard-bound bio chock full of interesting pics and stories on Eric and the Raspberries. Oops, sorry, I started to drool, again...Kirk.

There's a reason why most books that are self-published aren't quality hardcover books with full-color cover wraps, printed on the best quality paper and loaded with photos (over one hundred at last count) -- it's expensive!

As I've said before, this is truly a vanity project. I want this book for myself. I want it to be a hardcover. I want it to be EXCEPTIONAL! I want it to be the best book on my bookshelf. And trust me, what I want does NOT come cheap. But thanks to Eric's generous offer to autograph the hardcovers, these books are selling FAST!

So, not only do I get exactly what I wanted in an Eric Carmen biography...so do you :-)

Bernie

PS: Even though there will be plenty of soft-cover editions of the book available at the regular price after the reduced price pre-reservation period is over, I will only be producing 250 of the signed hardcovers with each copy personally autographed and individually numbered!

bernie

you dont have to "cost justify" the book.

kirk is right, $60 is a bargain.

if you have been as thorough in putting together this book as you are in running this website, than this is going to be a "huge" (autographed copies folks!!!!)bargain! just to read some of erics answers is going to make this book more than worth it!

from one eric fan to another, a heartfelt thanks for all the time and effort.

I know $60 is a bargain for what you'll be getting in the limited edition. I also know that it still may be out of the price range of plenty of fans. That's why I decided to also print a soft-cover version. That way everyone can "read all about it!"

Bernie

PS: At this point, nearly half of the limited editions have already been spoken for :-)

Bernie I can totally appreciate this labour of love that you've gone through, and to finally see the fruits of that labor. Those of us who have signed-on to purchase the book are well aware of all your had work. Good luck to you.

Marvin