Who would be a good producer

Gene

I agree with Marvin on Lynne, great producer, always sounds like ELO.. but I think that's because he tends to sing at least background on so many. He does have an ear for getting you on the radio though..

This is pretty obvious, I have no idea of the liklihood, but if you are bringing back the orignal Raspberries line up, why not bring back the original producer.. Jimmy Ienner.

It may add value to a marketing campaign. I'm sure he would love to get in their with todays technology while insuring that the patented Raspberries sound is perserved.

I'm sure the boys are capable of self-producing but that can lead to problems, and I'd rather see them focus on songwriting and playing.

It would have to be someone more contemporary but who appreciates the band otherwise the CD would just play to the 1000 or less fans on this and the Raspberries board and I don't think anyone wants that. Perhaps Steve Lillywhite who is always able to make U2 sound contemporary. It's very difficult for rock CDs to sell nowadays but some Artists/Producers are able to pull it off. I believe the choice of Producer will be critical to the success of the project. A strong ,contemporary, big name producer will do a lot to control any inner fighting, bring out the best songs as well as update their sound to increase salability.

• 4 weeks later...

It's my instinct that Eric Carmen's best is still forthcoming. And it will come via a solo record vs. whatever comes out with the group.....though I think whatever the group does will likely be great.

It will happen when he writes and creates a record devoid of compromising outside influences.....that comes cleanly from inside him.....similar to how he went about creating the "Boats Against The Current" album.

....just a gut feeling.

Eric is not so depressed and disillusioned and under pressure like he was back then. So any lyrics on a new creation are going to be different. I could live with some co-writes from Goldmark and/or the "Footloose" guy...as long as they are produced with a little more edge than WD...so we don't have to listen to endless whining from Marvin... happy

Marvin will find something else to whine about...he's Canadian wink

....though he's correct on WD

When I envision Eric Carmen's best I see (hear) lots of piano, strings .......quasi-classical music fused with the Carmen melodic talent, ....kind of in the vein of "All By Myself" (not one of my favorites of his but still very good), or Elton John's "Tonight".