Drivin' Around-Cruisin' Music Medley

Donmand

I really enjoyed the Beach song medley at the Chicago show. The Berries augmented by the extra musicians did a note perfect rendition of Drivin' Around and Cruisin' Music. The music and multi-part harmonies were fantastic! It was Great to hear these Summer songs on a very cold Chicago night. If they would have started out with "On the Beach"; it would have been a perfect Beach trifecta.

Don

...and it occurred to me that "Cruisin' Music" is a song that in its first two lines betrays the fact that it wasn't written by some California beach boy: "Get up in the morning, check out the weather/If it looks like sun, I get my things together..." Since when does a California beach boy ever have to worry about whether the weather will be sunny on a given day? Nope, that's the habit of the Northeast Ohioan who never knows quite what to expect...LOL!

Ah, all this beach stuff is making me long for summer. All a teacher can do in February, (when 5th graders' behavior is at its WORST!) while seeing the long month of March stretch out before her, is listen to the songs in the "beach medley!"

Gorgeous songs...they give me hope!

smile --D

Trindy, that reminds me of a thought I had while walking from the Chicago HOB to the train the morning after the concert. It was probably about two degrees out and I didn't have a jacket! Massive suffering for those few blocks! I was with Marvin and Ted, and as we crossed the Chicago River I remember thinking that nothing had ever looked as much like INSTANT DEATH as that water!