Little Cindy Lu Who

LobsterLvr

first, let me thank you bernie for the Christmas gifts.....i was on at 2:00am Christmas morning.

tony and marvin email me and i'll try to share the others with you. bernie, "as long as we've got each other", does eric have any connections to this song other than recording it? I remember watching "growing pains" and thinking what a great "pop" tune the theme was.

as for eric himself, i've said this before, as talented as he is...he is horrible at deciding what to release and what not to release. "cindy" is better than many tunes he has released over the years! "devil" (yes marvin, it's dramatic, thats why i love it!) is a classic tune in the "boats" vein.....maybe eric gets to close to his work to be subjective. c'mon EC clean em' up and make them available to your "core" fans. heck i'd take a "burned" cd if need be.

happy holidays everyone....greg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Vincent is a good example of using the internet to sell CDs. The guy has had just a couple of minor hits ever, yet he got his rarities and unreleased CD distributed here and in Japan. He released his latest CD on his own label through his website, and now Amazon.com has picked it up for national release. Kyle is about 3/4ths the writer that Eric is. He does tour extensively though...

Greg, You nailed some points on the head. You and Darlene should go into private practice as shrinks or counselors.

And since Kirk and I did raid EC's vault recently (next time Kirk, you create the naked diversion. It's too cold in Cleveland), err, Greg, maybe we can help each other out.

It's strange that Bernie has different and sometimes better EC stuff than Eric has in his own secret vault...

"Got Milk?, and CIA connections!"

Ok I'll agree with some of the points:

1."Winter Dreams" - as much as I detest the album, I never thought that I'd ever see another EC release.

2. RINGO tour - totally out of the blue and unexpected and for intents and purposes, killed any chances of a 'berries reunion. I never dreamed I'd ever see Eric live, but honestly, if Eric and Ringo did not have the same manager, would this pairing have ever happened?

3. R&RHoF Show - This was made available for a selected few. The majority of people never saw or will never hear this show.

So all in all, Eric has come out of hiding a bit over the last 10 years, however, if Eric (and Bernie) wants us to remain silent fans, contented with past glories, they've got to stop wheting our appetite with unreleased songs such as "Cindy."

Marvin

Bernie this topic has sure raised many responses over the course of a couple of days: Proof enough that Eric's core group of fans are yearning for new music. We might not be strong in numbers, but we're certainly strong in our appreciation. So in regard to "Cindy", here's another question for you or for Eric: Why did Eric re-record "Cindy" in 1993 - some 25+ years after he first wrote and recorded it? Seems to me that this would be proof that he felt strongly about the orignal song, right?

Marvin

Thanks Bernie. So much for my theories about "Cindy"! In any case, of all the unreleased songs that I've heard (this includes

"Devil", "The High Cost" etc.,), "Cindy" is the strongest for me. I know that others will likely disagree, but "Cindy" has generated a thread of its own with many passionate responses.

Marvin

I second all everyone has said. The songs are great, and Eric is probably too close to them to realise how really good they are. There are probably words here or there, arrangements he'd like to change, and the like that make him crazy when he hears them, because he knows they're wrong, but the rest of us don't give a flying f***.

eek

Eric, get recording, get those songs out to us, and forget about what you think is not commercial enough about them! It's up to us to decide what we like and don't like. Don't feed us formula songs that you think will appeal to the masses - that's what the world has Brittany, Beyonce, and every boy band out there for. I ache for more singer songwriters who know how to play an instrument and write their own music. They're a VERY RARE breed these days. Leave the choreographed dance moves, the shocking outfits, and the cookie-cutter music to J Lo and contemporaries, and give us something original and real.

Michelle

I used to think a hit record (to me) would be a hit record in everybody's book. I can see now why musicians go crazy trying to figure out what their next hit might be. As strong as the sentiment seems to be for "Cindy In The Wind", and as much as I enjoy the song, it just doesn't shout "hit record" to me. It's certainly not filler, and is worthy of release on an album, but it doesn't press that button (wherever that is) like most of Eric's compositions do for me. Go figure. Kirk.

Happy Holidays all. Whew, Bernie .. quite the gift this year! Major thank you's!

I have to agree with Kirk. "Cindy" is a good tune, but it doesn't slap me in the face with "Hit" written all over it. I find the chorus catchy, but I feel "Devil & The Deep Blue" has more hit potential than "Cindy". At any rate, just being able to hear all of this unreleased product is VERY cool!