Gina in Chicago

Pat, I did go to the show, and it was fantastic! We had great seats, 2nd row center. No one (on stage) mentioned that Eric was not there, but a few people in the crowd did. When we first sat down, a guy sat next to Anthony and the very first thing he said was "Hey, I hear Eric Carmen is going to be here, I always wanted to see him, I am a huge Raspberries fan". My radar ears picked up on this conversation, and I couldn't believe what I had just heard. My head spun around so fast to look at this guy, that it almost flew off my shoulders crying

JACK BRUCE

<-- Empty space

CHRISTOPHER CROSS

MARK FARNER

ALAN PARSONS

After reading Erics explanation as to why he dropped out of this tour, I was bummed. NOW, after seeing a show hearing about another show, I can say that I am ABSOLUTELY, heartbroken.

Just one more thing to say, and this is to you Eric: YOU WERE TRULY MISSED.

Gina

Thanks for the update. I had made all kinds of arrangements to go see Eric, but when he decided against appearing, I switched all my plans back. I am disappointed, but totally support his decision. Wish I had known back then you were at the Scott/Wally show. I was there, too. Would have bought you and your hubby a drink. Oh well, in the words of Eric: Someday!

Gina, I'm surprised they didn't have the nerve to say that Eric wouldn't be performing. What did all the people in the audience think when they got there waiting for Eric? I guess they might have got the idea when they saw the sign with his name missing, but if they missed the sign, they probably sat there with whole night thinking, "well, maybe he'll be on next". I certainly would have asked for my money back if I was them. Was there not some warning before you came in to tell you that Eric was off the bill? At least then, fans could have asked for their money back before the show started.

Thanks for the update on how the show went. So, it sounds like EC could have been there, gone on and off, and it wouldn't have been too weird.

BTW, has anyone heard who's going to replace Todd on the days he's not going to be there? Are they just having NO ONE? What a kick in the teeth huh? To leave a show, and be considered so uninportant that you don't even get replaced. What were those promoters thinking? Obviously not people with good taste - only out to make a buck, even if it meant disappointing fans.

OK, enough ranting on my part. Eric's just going to have his own show that can be run the way he wants. I'd love an intimate night of only a couple hundred fans. Those are the best concerts, and more and more entertainers are doing that these days. Perhaps if we all get together, we can persuade him! laugh

Michelle

Although it's been what most people have been focusing on, I don't believe Eric's reason for dropping out of the tour had much, if anything, to do with the structure of the show. Evidently, he was led to believe he would be doing all of the shows after July 4th. He then found out he would only be doing the ones Rundgren wouldn't be doing. Any argument about the band not being rehearsed and tight if they don't play every gig is ridiculous. Eric didn't drop out because of the fan's best interests, he dropped out for his own. And there's not a damn thing wrong with that!

Billy K.: I wonder if Craig Frost is making a comeback with Grand Funk Railroad? He was with Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band & I wonder is Bob finishing up a brand new CD? The last time I heard Bob was with a duet with Martina McBride on the song "Chances Are" (Not the Johnny Mathis song) from the movie "Hope Floats". Matt

Michelle, To answer your question (is NOBODY going to sing?), at The Keswick Theatre, the box office person told me there were only four names on the bill: Farner, Bruce, Parsons and Cross. Period. No Eric, no Todd. So, wherever Eric was supposed to be and Todd isn't, there is NOBODY. I feel sorry for the people who bought tickets to see five or six guys and will see only four... --Darlene

The drummer Steve Murphy was wearing a BLACKHAWK jersey. The end of the show the guys were leaving the stage and Steve walked out front and turned around to leave and I was trying to take a picture of him. Godfey Townsend saw me trying to get that picture and told Steve to turn around. He did , and came up to the front of the stage. I got a nice picture of him and got his drumstick.

The Taste of Chicago was a FREE show.

I forgot to mention there was also a big sign way up on top of the stage, off to the side, and that STILL had his name on it. It was probably just too high up to go up and remove it.

It's a small world. The same night as the Abbey Road show, Grand Funk was here also playing in the suburbs. Some friends we were with at The Taste said they were going later that night to see them.