My God... Has It Been 20 Years?

Geez, Paulie....Thanks.....Now I really feel OLD !!! frown

You feel old Diane? Can I make you feel a little older?? Heehee... I graduated for HS in 1988. It also was the summer I saw Eric sing for the first time and was hooked from then on and I scooped up every album he'd done and a Raspberries greatest hits as well by the end of 1988. It doesn't seem that it's been that long! wink

In 1988 my oldest was 3--he's married with a baby on the way.

I had lived in this house for one year.

I joined a committee to plan our 10 year high school reunion scheduled for spring 1989....which means next spring is the 30 year reunion!!!!! eek

I have to agree with AnniekNY--ups and downs but glorious!!

In 1988 I was 28 yo, had three small children, John was traveling for work so I was on my own a lot, had my first miscarriage, was in design school and make the President's List, and was licensing and starting a home fashion business. Other than that I had nothing to do! :P Why can't I have that kind of energy again?!?! spin Oh, imagine what I could do with that knowledge and experience now! laugh

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ecstasy:

<strong> In 1988 I was 28 yo, had three small children, John was traveling for work so I was on my own a lot, had my first miscarriage, was in design school and make the President's List, and was licensing and starting a home fashion business. Other than that I had nothing to do! :P Why can't I have that kind of energy again?!?! hahahahahaha Isn't that the truth Kathy Lee!!!

Also, I remember watching MTV waiting for the video to be played.

Eric still looks fantastic 20 years later LuvLove

Sounds like you and I are about the same age HT! That summer was the year I first heard of Eric as well - so I hit the used record stores (still vinyl in those days) and picked up all the old EC albums. Now, I have a kickin' EC collection that I don't have the equipment to play. Fortunately, I've replaced it all on CD.

Lost Control,

I too have all of the vinyls. It was really amusing to show my daughters when I pulled them out when visiting my folks and explained to them that when I was younger that is all that was available to listen to music before cassettes and cd's were available. I was and still am a big fan of the album covers. The smaller picture just isn't the same but hey the technology is hard to beat. I still have Eric's greatest hits and the Raspberries Greatest hits on cassette(20 yrs old) and they still work great! I am still eternally grateful to another board member(you know who you are) who was kind enough to put all of Eric's solo albums and the Berries' greatest hits on cd for me and I then transferred them to my mp3 player. Now I'm on the hunt for the vinyls of the Berries. Hopefully, I'll be able to do some garage sale hunting! spin Do you remember the cassette singles?

Note: The only reason I went to the Dirty Dancing on Tour was to see Eric! laugh Bill Medley - Nah.

HT

MMLC reminds me of my 12 year son's baseball game last night, the team is not that great, deep in the season, and he walked up and the first pitch of the inning hit it out of the park, first home run for the team this year.

Out of the blue, jumped out of my car stereo, EC left the witness protection progam, with a clinic of a perfectly crafted and performed pop song in every way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pushing 50 myself, and I still love it. Reid thought I was a lot younger, I am an "Older Mom" of four kids under the age of 18, and the cab drivers can't believe me when I tell them my age even when I can identify certain songs they might have on their radios!

I can remember when "Make Me Lose Control Came Out" and was even wondering the other day if I was one of the youngest people here! I even remember Leapy Lee's "Little Arrows" for Pete's sake! WHEN IT CAME OUT!

But I so long for the seventies...