Southern Cal logistics

aggiesjc

Just wondering who's considering coming west for the October shows (I assume all west coasters will be taking advantage of this!).

Those of you unfamiliar with California should realize that Los Angeles and San Diego are about two hours from each other by car. I will probably fly into one of the LA area airports the day of the first show, and drive a rental car to San Diego the next morning.

My sister lives near the Ontario Airport, located in between LA, and San Diego. So I will fly in there and stay with her for a few days and then it will only be an hour drive to LA and back and then to San Diego the next day. I've been waiting for the guys to go to CA, for a while now, and finally I get to take my sister to a concert. She can hardly wait! NOT, but she promised to come anyways, and I already know she will enjoy the show.

This is wonderful news, I am excited for those who have not had a chance to see a show. Your gonna love it!!

June happy

Kazumi--The 405 freeway (called the San Diego freeway) is a direct route from L.A. to San Diego; as Tony pointed out, though, depending on traffic it could be 2 hours or 4 hours. It's only direct, though, if you're staying on the west side of L.A. If you're going to S.D. from the Hollywood area, then it's going to take a little freeway hopping to get there (101 to the 5 to the 405)--Kirk.

There are so many people living in L.A. that there isn't any "good" time to be on the freeway any more. The way to go if you're driving is to have 2 or more persons in the car, then you can use the diamond lane, which is much faster all the time (unless there is an accident). Jen, I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the diamond lane, but I mention it for the out-of-towners. Kirk.

Let's hope the Dodgers don't make it to the world series.....the so-called "fans" have their obsession with traffic, as opposed to the game. (Yes they do miss some spectacular plays that often happen in the 9th or 11th...but that's THEIR loss).Many of them leave in the bottom of the 7th, supposedly to beat traffic....but in reality, they seem to cause more problems.

The World Series, if my guess is correct, will be around the time of when the concerts are(the Series is usually in mid/late October. Besides the people that have tickets, you will get a bunch of people showing up at Chavez Ravine, just to gawk at the celebs.

At least the Angels and Padres fans are not obsessed with cutting out in the bottom of the 7th.

Anyone know the exact date of the series? The Dodgers are only five games behind the Padres, so it is still possible.......could be a potential traffic problem with those Dodger fans.....

I am looking forward to meeting Kirk and Tony. I would love to see the look on their faces as they watch the show. No matter what we say or what they have read, when they see the show for themselves, they will be in awe. They will be fun to watch. Get ready guys for the time of your life. Is it a date guys?

June wink