Los Angeles Show 10/21/05

marc_so_cal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't In-N-Out spread itself across the country yet? Or is it just making its way all over our state? My mom's addicted to the burgers, but they don't do much for me, and their fries are like a cruel joke - 100 percent devoid of any sort of taste/flavor; a bit like eating cardboard. However, other people seem to love the stuff, so have at it while in CA!

In-N-Out Burger is on the list.

Remember, this is the road crew . . fast food is our life . . no time to relax and eat . . just drive, load in, set up, tune tune tune, do the gig, load out and drive.

By the way, haven't you noticed how slim I am from watching what we eat. Just look at Dugie, that basketball he carries out front is not from sticking to the Slimfast diet.

Like everything else, In-N-Out Burger is on the coasts and (hopefully) will make its way to the middle of the country. Someone please have some of it for me. Also - if tome allows in LA, pay my respects to Shakey's Pizza. Yum! Besides the pizza, the potatoes and chicken are just as good as they ever were.

Ernie - way to make me feel guilty. (It doesn't take much some days.) Guess I'll pull out the Foreman for that chicken I just thawed and get ready to steam the edamame/veggie/pasta mix to go with it...

susana

dreaming of sodium laden goodies - "salt and grease" is its own food group, you know

I haven't seen a Shakey's Pizza in years, but that does bring back memories! When I was very young, it was the only pizza place in town.

--okay I just did a search on them, and they seem to be only in Southern Cal these days, with a couple of exceptions - one in San Jose, and one about 40 miles up the road from me in Oroville, a very small town. Have to go give 'em a try for old time's sake.

I haven't seen a Shakey's Pizza in years, but that does bring back memories! When I was very young, it was the only pizza place in town.

Shakey's is still around here in SoCal, but they've unfortunately gone WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY downhill. The pizza dough tastes like cardboard, the mojo potatoes and fried chicken literally float in grease and the overall ambiance is zilch.

I'm with Bernie on the In-N-Out fries, though - love 'em!

Hey Popdude,

I second the FATBURGER, they're awesome. My first was from the location at the end of Lankershim close to the Universal Studios (about 5-7 minutes from the LA HOB).

It's been 4 or 5 years but Ruthie and I remember it well. I'm sure when they named the Company the reference was to the size of the burger not the nutritional content. Very tasty.

Ted

Jenn - I'm sure you're right. For some reason, I was thinking I had seen them in the east, but now I can't think of where to save me. Since I go to Vegas and CA fairly often, I'm probably just scrambling things in my brain. shocked

And I hate to hear that Shakey's has gone downhill - it was still good a few years ago. (No, I don't mean 10 years, but more than one!) I think I'd still go back and try it again, just for grins...but that's me.

At least we have Steak & Shake here...love those and talk about good fries!! Is that pretty much a midwest thing? (Haven't checked the web yet - the thought just came to me.)

susana