EricCarmen.com Time Capsule

Raspbernie

What if you could travel through time? To go back to a place in the distant past and relive events and meet people that bring back fond memories? Well, now you can.

I have finished uploading all of the previous posts from past EricCarmen.com Message Boards, starting with my very first post on May 28, 1997 saying, "The Message Board is hereby online. Go nuts."

Read about then "current" events like Eric's exciting return to the studio with Winter Dreams, or the announcement that he will be joining the All Starr Band. Share in our sorrow as we drew on each other to mourn George Harrison's untimely death. Reread our thrilled reaction to news of an impending Raspberries reunion only to have our hopes dashed as the reunion fizzles. (We can look back on that one and smile, now, eh?)

See who were the first visitors back when hits were counted in dozens instead of thousands. Some of our first month's posts were made by fans that are still posting today: Ron Sutton, Julia Deren and Don Krider. Others have long disappeared (where have they gone?) So, return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear as we proudly present:

THE ERICCARMEN.COM MESSAGE BOARD ARCHIVE

Bernie

PS: Let me take a moment to once again thank everyone who logs on and makes EricCarmen.com a stop on their daily travels through cyberspace. I initially started this website because I found heart in the knowledge that I wasn't the "only one." You guys prove me right everytime you visit.

Bernie without you, we'd have nowhere to go. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this site when I got my first PC. Eric was one of the first names I searched for as soon as I hooked it up! LOL

Again I thank you for the chance to aquire Eric's autograph last year, and the phenomenal book (which I'm bringing Saturday in hopes that I can finally meet you and have you sign it.)

Jeff

Darn it, I thought Bernie had invented a time machine and was going to allow me to step inside and remain my current age while flying back in time to 1971 and the place I was then so that I could go see the Raspberries at the Mentor Hullabaloo before they hit it big...and while there I think I'd stop off at Toyland of Painesville and see what they had in the way of Barbie dolls and Colorforms...(sniff sniff, they've long since closed...)

Oh well, I guess it's the next best thing, eh? :-)

Celebration time! What's with the "eh"? You turning Canadian?

I remember not showing any interest in the internet at all (too much trouble to learn about the computer, I said!) until my husband took me to the library and typed in "Eric Carmen" and EC.com came up. He couldn't get me off the computer to go home. I was transfixed! We were immediately connected to the web. And the fun was on! From the smallest of beginnings to a RASPBERRIES REUNION!!! What a beautiful almost 8 years!!!! So much in such a short time!

A toast to Raspbernie and EC.com!!!! Thanks, from the bottom of my little Raspberry heart!

smile --Love, Darlene spinspinspin

THE day I first went online, one of the first things I looked for was stuff about Eric. There was very little. But that searching, futile as it was, led to my getting an e-mail from Randy in Texas. We became online friends, and not long after, he sent me an e-mail saying (not a direct quote) "take a look at THIS". It was Bernie's site, which had *just* been uploaded, so Randy is one of "the originals" here too. I was ecstatic, by this time I'd become sooooo sick of hearing "Eric WHO?". I knew I couldn't be the only fan, his stuff was selling pretty well. It was nice to find my Raspbuddies. I used to e-mail quite a bit with marvin back then, too. And I met one of the nicest people I have ever met, online or anywhere else, at this site, Chris Aguinaldo. Chris and I are friends to this day, and it killed me when he invited me to his wedding in Hawai'i, and I couldn't afford to go... but then, he wouldn't have had much time to socialize with me, being a newlywed and all, so perhaps it's best that our real-life meeting is yet to come smile I'm sure I will meet Chris and his wife Mary one of these days, and that will be almost as cool as meeting Eric grumpy

Who knew back then that I'd actually meet Eric one day? Wow, I still can't believe it. And who knows what's down the road for us? spin

Thanks, Bernie, without you, they might have reunited, but the camaraderie and fun we've had here over the years wouldn't have happened. *hugs*

I have been wading back through the message archives, and get a kick out of seeing so many of the current regulars way back then - Marvin, Darlene, Julia from London, Kirk, Tony, Gord, JCraft, MAM, LobsterLover Dave, Donmand, Blackhawkpat, Randy, Tiggsherby, Annie, JoAnne, Betsey, Hosskratz, Gina, Art, Craig Benfer, wimvriezen, Seattle Steve, June, Laura, Bahoo, and others (sorry if I didn't mention you). I found a few of my own posts, too, but I was mostly a lurker, rarely speaking up.

It seems there used to be many more examples of fans writing notes directly to Eric back then, as in "I'm so-and-so from wherever, and just want to say Hi Eric and thanks so much for the music!"

So far I've worked back to January 2000, and will start with 1999 when I regain my eyesight (long night in front of the computer reading all that old stuff!).

Jennifer

I agree with Julia D, without the continued "push" from Bernie and Mr. Sharp, the things we are speculating on for Saturday in Chicago would be a mute point. I thought the salute to these great guys by Eric in Cleveland was very much deserving and moving moment. Marathon Man is probably the most definitive book on an artist/band that I have ever had the pleasure to read. Everyone involved, and of course the Raspberries, deserve much kudos for the excitment that has been brought back into the rock arena. Saturday will be indeed special!!

I have to admit, I was really looking forward to the New Year's Eve show since the first show on November 26 was completely obliterated from my mind by sheer adrenaline. I was looking forward to savoring each song selection, watching Eric and Wally trade off at the mike, being relaxed enough to really take in Dave's polished bass playing and Jim's drum gymnastics. And I did. Until Eric mentioned my name from the stage. Then, just like on November 26, everything sorta went black on me. So, needless to say I'm really loking forward to Chicago, where I can really pay attention to the show…

Bernie :-)

After reading the posts from way back, from fans far away as Hawaii, Japan and other countries, wanting the Raspberries to reunite, then reading the crashing of the reunion.

Then , Congratulations on the IWBTLY" Cd.

I signed up here just in time for more of the excitement that came ahead, the tail end of that cd.

Great reviews on that solo "I Was Born To Love You" song and titled CD.

I was sure glad to recieve that cd, thanks to a great fan on here.

Then that second excitement release from Bernie and Ken Sharp, "Marathon Man" book.

A great book.

Then, the Raspberries Reunion.

Talk about good timing.

I'm sure glad I'm here now.

I'm glad I found this site, when I did.

Thank you Bernie, this site is great.

Your a great person my fellow fans are so nice, and friendly, I actually get to write to the band members and recieve responses back from them, personally by e-mail.

Bernie, Wally, Jim, and Eric have been so nice to me.

This group is the best, even when solo.

Keep playing my kind of music guys.

Congratulations to another great year.

When I first found this site I was as excited as a kid at Christmas. Not only was I finding out info on my favorite artist, but I found others of like mind to share it with. Through many postings and stories I've had the opportunity to tell Eric how much his music has meant to me. And in the process have met some pretty cool people online. When the Raspberries make it to L.A. I hope to meet some of you in person. It's still like Christmas when I log onto the site today, only Santa has a few more white hairs than when we all first got here wink Kirk.

Thanks Bernie, that's really nice of you to say that on here to me, I like that, I feel better now.

I want to add, that I am doing my best with the rest to acknowledge to the media/radio stations, I have put effort with Marvin and the rest to get the word out that Raspberries are better than ever with great sound and stronger than ever.

The comback is explosive, with sold out shows.

OK, I have joined the rest.

I have sent a long letter to Rolling Stone too.

Have contacted, The mighty Q107 CLASSIC ROCK, OLDIES1150 CKOC, TORONTO, AND Hamilton, Ontario.

I'm back stronger than ever, myself.

Hey, I went looking for stuff about the reunion back in '99, and found:

"Sep 18, 1999 - easongs@ameritech.net

Take heart fans, did anyone ever notice that the Greek Theatre concert was scheduled in 2005? I'm sure it was some sort of joke or at least an error that it was even posted."

...and then again, maybe not!! Pretty freaky!

eek

I can't imagine life without EC.com and all the wonderful things it brings! I love reading the Message Board ~ it's a great community. I didn't come on board until 2000 as I didn't have a computer before then, and internet access wasn't available where I worked. Thanks for everything, Bernie! Now I'll just HAVE to make time to read all the old posts. It would have been great to have been here from the beginning, though.

I didn't know about this site until 2002 and didn't have any friends who could talk about Eric's music. I was really happy when I found this site. Bernie, You gave me a great opportunity to know more about his music and meet wonderful people. Thank you very much! happy

Kazumi

Just reading through briefly, it is amazing to the the change in depth and, of course, frequency of the discussions. I am still so thrilled that now interests in ANYTHING are at such a global level. How did we live without it??? (Then again, it has been said, how did we live without cellphones, and before that, faxes, and before that, TVs, radios, planes, cars and so on)

Boy do I remember those days, particularly the AOL board before and during Bernies beginning.

Some people just didn't realize how good they had it with EC posting live.

Bernies current set-up blows the old days away.

As I've said many time before, I suspect Bernie started out to not only centralize fan appreciation but to record history, now he has altered history.

SS

I found an old message of me myself I from over four years ago:

My dream finally comes true:

Jan 2, 2001 - wimvriezen@hotmail.com

On the last day of the year 2000 I was lucky to get a copy of the new Raspberries album. It surprised me, the songs could have been recorded short after the break in 1974. The only missing thing was the voice and piano sound of Eric himself. My wish for 2001: LET IT HAPPEN ! It's time for a real comeback. WIM VRIEZEN from Holland.