Just Heard the News

LostControl

Hey all... it's been awhile since I logged in.

So, imagine my surprise to log in and see the DUI news from back in September! I know it's old news, but, as usual, I feel like tossing in my 2 cents worth (which, being from Canada, isn't worth much!)

I grew up with an alcoholic father. He died when I was 15 - from complications due to his drinking. Thank God he only drank at home - never did any damage to anyone but himself (and our family). I was really happy to hear that Eric didn't injure himself or anyone else. That would have been horrible.

My dad missed a lot of my brother's and my life - graduation, marriage, first grandchild.... and we've missed him not being there as well. It's hard not to have a father to walk you down the aisle at your wedding.

Eric... you've got two young children. Not only do you need to set a good example for them, but you need to be there for them as they get older. I wish someone would have told my dad that years ago - if they had, I might still have a dad today.

So, that's it. No preaching. No saying what I think the penalty should be, or speculating on what's going on in Eric's life. It's not my business anyway. I can be a rabid fan, and still (try) to respect his personal life. I think I'm ok, unless Tony and I end up together in Gates Mills - then all bets are off! wink

Why are you bullying a fellow board member, Lew Bundles, Raspyrock & rasperrywolf? So LostControl was late hearing the news -- so what?! She shared a very personal part of her life with us and expressed her opinion in a very non-combative manner. What's your gripe? We're all still thinking about it -- knowing that he's going to court next week. We call ourselves a family here, so play nice... and leave her alone. Geez...

Why are you bullying a fellow board member, Lew Bundles, Raspyrock & rasperrywolf? So LostControl was late hearing the news -- so what?! She shared a very personal part of her life with us and expressed her opinion in a very non-combative manner. What's your gripe? We're all still thinking about it -- knowing that he's going to court next week. We call ourselves a family here, so play nice... and leave her alone. Geez...

Yeah, guys. Cut it out!

PS: Did you hear that King Tut has passed away? Mysterious circumstances, too. Burial arrangements to be announced.

Bullying, moi?? NEVER!! I also sent this member of our 'family' a private message basically saying even though you are late at reading 'the news'...sometimes the best comment about such matters is no comment at all if it is coming in a delayed fashion, otherwise it becomes more like 'salt in a very fresh wound' and Mr.Eric Carmen has just returned to our "family-friendly" board and I for one, want to make feel as welcome again as possible. I was not 'bullying' anyone, especially since this person is (according to profile) highly edjamacated and stuff, they should have 'realized' it would be like opening up an old wound to go there. I was, in my Prime Minister comment being as lite-hearted about 'missing the boat' about something...sheesh,if you know me at all since I have been here, I would never purposely go out of my way to belittle or make someone feel unwelcome...but I won't 'balk' at making a point something I believe someone should have taking a few moments before posting something either...Eric is the reason "We Are Family"...did you not think how he might feel before posting??

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry to all if I opened fresh wounds. When Eric was arrested the last time, I didn't make any comments at all - instead deciding that he had been through enough, and needed to be left alone.

That being said, Eric often comments on this board about his kids, and has posted photos. I know what it's like to have a father who drinks, and as an adult, I thought maybe Eric needs to be reminded that he's got a hell of a lot in his life.

I'm not trying to make Eric feel bad in any way. I'm sure he's been embarrassed enough by having the story and photos in all the local Cleveland papers. We all love Eric here - I've been on the board since 2002 - so it's not like I'm a newbie here. If Eric has been embarrassed to write anything on this board, that's his decision. He's a big boy. You would think at a low period in his life, he'd want to be with people who love and care about you. If he's not posting here, then it's a sign he doesn't really consider us 'family' at all. If anyone is going to be understanding and forgiving, it's going to be us.

Hell, JFK died? King Tut and Prime Minister Trudeau too? Looks like I've missed a lot the last few months! wink Sorry, I've been too ill to spend time on the computer, and too bored with American politics to turn on the news. I'm just waiting for my main man McCain to win, so life can get back to normal. (and the flames start now....)