Does Eric read the message board?

aggiesjc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, You really are DEMANDING! Don't let it show so much, or you won't be able to get to first base with a board "babe." (just kidding).

Kirk, you're absolutely right. Anyone would be gunshy. Also, I can't believe anyone would turn him in to AOL and get him kicked off the board. What a terrible thing to do. *I* wouldn't want to post after that either. I think it's amazing that people didn't even believe it was Eric...It would appear the nasty person who reported to AOL is no longer around (thankfully!) We have a great board going here, thanks to Eric and Bernie (and Kathy's incredible support.)

I still have to find a "babe" for Tony to keep him busy so he won't need 10 Eric-answers... smile

--Darlene

You know, somewhere along the line this conversation started to carve a weird path. Looking at it from a distance, I'm a little afraid to post, so imagine what EC would think wink

Seriously though, it doesn't seem to be unreasonable to have a live chat session set up with him. I vote for Bernie to moderate. Hmmm ñ I think I'll start a new post/poll thingy.

JIM

No, I'm afraid neither of us can lay claim to the saying, it's just something I got in an e-mail that a friend sent me, and no mention is made of the person who originated it... you know, one of those sweet, sappy things friends send us from time to time filled with "100 reasons why your life is good", and all that nonsense, lol... this was just one of the items in it, and it inspired me, so I stole it

smilie

Referencing Darlene's earlier comment about Eric not missing a trick when it comes to others commenting on his music, I can personally vouch for that! After first listening to "Winter Dreams" I had posted a comment that, as I recall, had to do with the sound of the guitars on "Walk Away Renee" (I may had opined that I thought they were overbearing or some such thing). At any rate, after Eric's solo performance at the RnR Hall of Fame, he signed a "Best of Raspberries" CD (the one never released) for my brother Tommy that reads: "To Bob - I don't like the sound of your guitar either!" I, of course, got the biggest kick out of that. (For the record: The weird thing of it is is that after repeated listenings to 'WD' and 'WAR' in particular, I have come to appreciate the sound of the guitars on that tune...perhaps I'm schizophrenic or something.)

Bob Allen

Syracuse

I think if I was EC I'd be afraid to post! We can be awful strange at times here! wink

How would you feel if there was a web site about you, that other people posted their thoughts and opinions about you every day? Of course, I'd have to read it, but I think in some ways it would make me feel a little creepy - to know that there are people out there so devoted to me. It sure would be nice on days I'm feeling a little depressed, however.

I, on the other hand, would not be able to sit by and not post repsonses. I just have to get my 2 cents worth in all the time. happy

Michelle

Thanks for the welcome posts, Darlene and Jennifer! I would love to tell you how I discovered Eric and his music.

Apparently, I was born a generation late, because my two most favorite singers and songwriters were huge in the 70s, that being Eric Carmen and Cat Stevens. I was born in '65, so I don't really remember the Raspberries when they were at the height of their popularity, so I did the backwards thing and bought all Eric's solo albums in the mid-to late 80s. My first Eric album was his 1984 album, and with one listen, I was hooked. Being a writer myself, I have always been drawn to musicians who pen their own songs, lyrically and musically. I can relate to *so* many of Eric's songs, and his voice by far is my favorite voice if I were to choose any musician's voice.

I think this website and message forum is beyond cool! Now, if I can just figure out how to upload a photo, I won't feel like a 'junior' member anymore! spin

--E

Nice to have another fan on board, Ellece!

To get a cool, hot avatar, and be removed from the "junior" listing, you just have to make 25 posts (I'm pretty sure it's 25). Anyway, once you have that many postings, you go to "My Profile" and it will let you pick a picture. The only bad thing is, that you can't even peek at the pictures until you hit that magic number.

(all good things come to those that wait--and post!)

Say Bernie, a friend of mine is on a message board that looks like this one and they can either post one of the site's avatars, or can send in one of their own! Maybe that's a lot of work for you, though. If that's why, then keep it the way it is, because we want you to spend your available time getting us cool stuff like you have been! --Julie

Thanks for the explanation, Julie! I will definitely work on hitting that number 25 with posting, heh.

I'm a member of a couple of other forums, and all message boards seem to be a little different, but that makes it interesting. I was wondering what the word "avatar" meant, so now I know that too! happy

Ellece, your story is similar to mine. I was born in '66, and was discovering my own musical tastes around the same time you were. I remember my older sister had Eric's first solo album, simply titled "Eric Carmen," and I loved it, but my own first album of his was the other "Eric Carmen" on the Geffen label (the 1984 album you mentioned). Not long after that purchase, I found a Raspberries compilation album, and was blown away by what seemed a very different Eric Carmen. I do remember thinking that "Go All the Way" sounded very familiar, so I must have heard it on the radio a few times as a little tyke. It doesn't matter if you work backwards or forwards through his material - it's all great and provides immense pleasure in any order!