Soundcheck Pictures

Raspbernie

The band held back some at the beginning and there are lots of starts and stops as the guys work certain logistics out, but the small group of us on the sidelines started yelling, clapping and shouting so much that it seemed to turn 'em on a bit—at least I think it did :-) Anyway, that seemed to turn up the heat and we got to see some spirited performances starting around mid-point in the soundcheck. SO much so that I left feeling that I had already seen Raspberries in action. We also caught the "Driving Around"/"Cruisin' Music" medley that was dropped from the set—and did it sound SWE-E-E-E-T! Something to look forward to on New Year's Eve, perhaps?

Bernie

PS: At one point Wally did a solo version (just himself and his guitar) of "Let's Just Say Goodbye" that he wrote while a member of the Sitting Ducks. It is one of the most beautiful Bryson tunes *EVER* and it was magical to hear him play that afternoon. I went over to Wally to tell him how much I love that song, but he got involved adjusting his amp, so I never got to tell him. But if you're listening Wal, that song is AMAZING! And I certainly hope if Raspberries go into the studio to cut new material at any point that you dust that baby off. It sounds like something that could have been on FRESH. For anyone who wants to hear it, you can still buy the Sitting Ducks' CD from the Bryson Group website. I can't recommend that song MORE!!!

Fantastic Bernie. Almost like being there...oh wait a second..

Annie, the band played full-tilt at the sound-check. The only thing that I noticed was that Dave did very little back-up singing. When I asked him if he was saving his voice for the show, he said that he was going to be doing very little back-ups, leaving it to Billy, Jennifer and Paul, and he was concentrating on bass.

Marvin

At one point Wally had his 12-string Ric strapped on, so what do you do when you have a 12-string Ric? You play "Eight Miles High" (Byrds). Eric picked up on the tune and started jamming a bit with Wally. The other neat part was when Wally started singing "Hands On You."

Ah all of this should be included on the DVD:

"Raspberries - Live at House of Blues, Cleveland" - the Directors Cut.

Marvin

Hands On You! Now there's a fun memory...The point is, our fab 4 had the most fun of all! Just the way they always did. I went up to each one at the very end for just a second, because I wanted to give each of them a message that was about THEM, not me. (They've read what I think for a long time.) I just wanted them to know that I was so very happy for what it meant to each of THEM. And just before I left, I said, "You won't get much rest, though, because this thing is gonna keep going..." I knew THAT too, but I didn't know it was going to take off *this* quickly!

smile --Darlene