What is "Love"?

Steveh

Since most of Eric's songs are about Love, I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's ideas on what "Love" is. Here are some of my ideas: Love is more than just a feeling. It consists of honesty, trust, respect, and admiration. If you care about the well-being of another person as if that person were yourself, that is love. Love means you are very concerned about the health and happiness of your lover. You are able to share any and every thought and feeling you have in a respectful way.

Do you think Eric would agree? What do you think?

Steveh

Since most of Eric's songs are about Love, I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's ideas on what "Love" is.

A many splendored thing, crazy little thing, potion #9, the one your with, shack, lies bleeding, hurts laughcrazy

Steve, I most definitely think Eric would agree with your definition of what "love" is. You're "right on the money," especially about the trust, honesty and caring stuff. Of course, one has to be attracted, for love, very much attracted and Eric's songs are definitely about attraction as well.

The reason I think he would agree with your entire definition, though, is because he definitely puts the person he loves in every song (except All Through The Night and Tonight You're Mine, which is not about love, but something else, commonly called "lust") up on a pedestal, and really adores her. I don't mean like worship, but a beautiful respect and desire (not just physical, but intellectual and especially spiritual as well).

One of the reasons I love his ballads and love songs is that this ethereal "spiritual" desire is there as well as the physical, and that elevates his songs to a lofty realm, so you know his talent, intellect and emotions are in that "spiritual" realm as well. I get that feeling when I listen to Mozart. --Darlene