Where can I find the extended version of "All By Myself"?

NJRonbo

I found this board by accident, and it's nice to know that there is an Eric Carmen message board that PERHAPS I can get this question answered....

XM RADIO (Channel 7) plays the extended version of "All By Myself." It has about 2 minutes of extended piano music in the middle of the song. I was totally blown away by it when I first heard it, as I never knew it existed.

Problem is, from what I see, none of Eric's catalog of releases has this extended mix on it. I asked XM RADIO where they got the version they are playing, and they said it's off a 1992 Arista compilation release that may no longer be available.

Anyone know if the extended version is available

on CD?

Really appreciate your help.

Bernie, I always thought the 'ABM' piano solo was written by Rachmaninoff. I had no idea it was Eric's. Now I'm even more impressed! (For those who don't know, Eric did a lot of 'borrowing' from Rachmaninoff on his first LP. "Never Gonna Fall In Love Again" and "My Girl" also feature his melodies. ) Dave

These days, all we can hope for is for P-Diddy to produce a Rachmaninoff RAP Rip-off CD. I like the early to mid 70's music era the best. 1980-1986 was pretty good too. Disco and Rap have messed up most of the last 30 years in music. Now, it's the big fake boob jobs on almost every young artist that bother me. Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man at 42, but back in my day,... angry

Gord--An interesting feature of Bernie's website is the 'search'. I typed in "Rachmaninoff" and found several interviews and articles, probably the best being from 1991 with Gordon Pogoda. You could also find it from the 'history' or 'press' sections. The Pogoda interview names the songs you asked about. Not sure if it was this or another interview, but Eric said something to the effect that listening to Rachmaninoff was as close to heaven on earth as you can get--Kirk.

A Siamese cat? That shows excellent taste, but I can't picture Eric with animals. I didn't realize he had ever had any pets, since that's the first I've seen mention of it. He responded to my question about whether he had any pets in "Ask Eric" a few years ago, and at that time the answer was no. I wonder if he has any now, especially with his kids in mind. Bernie, can you answer that one?

Ok, I love that classical, Concerto No 2, Op.18

In C Minor,

very smooth, and melodic, Like drinking milk from my glass, and watching the sunset going down.

But, instead I'm watching snowflakes coming down.

Yuk, I love the music guys, I also like the part one and two of Fantasia where you can listen to more from Disney.