Raspberries: "All By Myself" live

LC

Not sure if this has been posted here, but even if it is, it's worth another look: "All By Myself," starting with the piano interlude, recorded at a Raspberries reunion show (Highline in NYC).

Yes, I wish the first verses and chorus were here. But look anyway. Two camera views are locked in on Eric's face and keyboard. This, my friends, is the look of a musical genius at work, getting totally lost in the melody and really feeling it. I find this especially moving, particularly now.

(I was at this show, so it's extra special.)

R.I.P, Eric, and thank you, old friend, for what you gave us.  

• Thanks 4

One of those inset videos is from Maggie Clarke, who has posted here in the past. She captured the 'berries on multiple tour stops. Here's her full ABM vid (I know this has been posted on our board before, at least once!).

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LC said:

This, my friends, is the look of a musical genius at work, getting totally lost in the melody and really feeling it. I find this especially moving, particularly now.

Thank you for sharing these, LC!   Yes, Eric was a genius...pure and simple

1 hour ago, LC said:

Not sure if this has been posted here, but even if it is, it's worth another look: "All By Myself," starting with the piano interlude, recorded at a Raspberries reunion show (Highline in NYC).

Yes, I wish the first verses and chorus were here. But look anyway. Two camera views are locked in on Eric's face and keyboard. This, my friends, is the look of a musical genius at work, getting totally lost in the melody and really feeling it. I find this especially moving, particularly now.

The video in the upper left corner is my video, shot handheld from the floor during the Sunday show, October 14, 2007. I was unaware that it had been used by someone for this combination.

On 3/13/2024 at 5:22 PM, Batman said:

I did nothing. It just played fine.

Must have been a momentary glitch or gremlin — but as I noted, it resolved pretty quickly.

• Thanks 1