Eric Carmen (1949-2024)

On 3/21/2024 at 10:35 AM, Raspbernie said:

All of us who were fortunate to be here when Raspberries retook the stage (and our hearts and souls) are lucky, indeed!

Oh my gosh, that was such an awesome time!! Talk about lightning in a bottle for sure!! 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave from Equinox said:

In the comics today, the creator of the "Thatababy" strip offered this tribute to Eric (albeit with an incorrect year of his passing)

I’m not aware of that artist or that strip. But the sentiment is appreciated.

As a child growing up in the 60's-70's AM radio is all we had and music was paramount in those days until I left for the US Army in the early 1980s. When "All By Myself" came out on the radio I was hypnotized and Eric Carmen's music was a symbol of love through the piano. Thank you, Eric Carmen, for giving me wonderful memories through your music, and thank you for our little chats on Twitter as a fellow Trump supporter. You were a very kind soul and from next door to me in Ohio as I grew up in Indiana. You now get to meet Jesus and the Angels and while it is sad for us here on earth there will be a day when we all rejoice with the creator and I get to hear some more of your music. Until then, may God Bless you my friend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

En mi adolescencia siempre escuchaba All by Myself , y muchas veces me preguntan....el se sentirá así de solo!!!!!!

Realmente me impresiono su forma de interpretar este tema, mas aun cuando lo vi interpretando Boats Against the Curret, una canción tan profunda, intensa y emotiva que me cautivo. Que forma de cantar, su expresión corporal lo decía todo, su pasión, realmente no puedo dejar de escucharlo y verlo.

Todos sus temas son realmente increíbles.

Y hoy estoy demasiado triste por su arrepentida partida, estoy en Schock desde que lo supe y no puedo dejar de verlo y escucharlo, en mi casa, en el auto en todos los lugares en que estoy. Su música no morirá mientras la sigamos escuchando, alguien con el talento de Eric Carmen siempre vivirá en nosotros los que amamos su obra.

Te amo hasta el infinito Eric Carmen 

• 2 weeks later...

I always wonder for many years he wore a ring on his right hand ring finger. And a Pinky ring. I feel that they where sentimental a meaning behind them. I fine he was a tall man           I also understood he was a very shy man. I hope Susan Amy And his  2children. And  his brother are OK.