1960s sound..

James

❤️❤️Love this! "Ma Belle Amie"(My Beautiful Friend). It was my oldest brother's favourite song back in the day. I can't remember if he had the 45 or the whole album by Tee-Set, but he played it obsessively to my great delight! I would have been 11 or 12 just discovering my musical abilities. I agree it is very magical and there's something "other worldly" about this music. Thanks for posting it James. I love to be reminded about a time when the world seemed less complicated.

• Like 1

Great old song — forgot about it. Very Beatlesque, especially when that harmony vocalist kicks in (so McCartney-ish). I had never seen the video and had no idea what the band looked like. Naturally, I had to look 'em up... It's a Netherlands band, and the lead singer is Peter Tetteroo. They changed their lineup frequently, but Tetteroo was a constant. Sadly, he died at only 55 (liver disease) in 2002. 

• Like 1

I googled it as well. I'm sad to see that the lead singer had passed. I also wanted to say about the song,  what great organ accompaniment, and he doesn't hold back!  It put such a smile on my face. It's so much part of the signature sound of the song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LC said:

Great old song — forgot about it. Very Beatlesque, especially when that harmony vocalist kicks in (so McCartney-ish). I had never seen the video and had no idea what the band looked like. Naturally, I had to look 'em up... It's a Netherlands band, and the lead singer is Peter Tetteroo. They changed their lineup frequently, but Tetteroo was a constant. Sadly, he died at only 55 (liver disease) in 2002. 

These guys?

165468.jpeg