Super Bowl Half Time

PattiCakes

1 hour ago, PattiCakes said:

So far very disappointing!  Never mind! I wasn't listening!

But where's Taylor?

Nothing special, IMHO. Also, no stand-outs as far as the very expensive commercials. Where are the Clydesdales when we need them.

Didn't watch the game, but saw the clip all over X.

In my world ( a world where respect flourishes )....he'd have been benched for the game, and if he didn't humbly apologize to the coach and team afterwards, he'd have been cut.

• Like 3

I don't think the Swift/Kelce romance will last. I've spent 45 years in a contact profession and I've seen many couples. They don't really seem like a good match to me. I think she's looking for a high-profile ex-boyfriend to be,  to write her next hit song about.

• Like 3

Rumors flying all over for weeks that this is a staged romance, much like the old Hollywood studio system used to do, to re-engage the European-American fan base after the NFL lost viewership with the BLM and the taking of knees.

I understand that the NFL still hasn't regained its military fan base after all the disrespect.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, James said:

Didn't watch the game, but saw the clip all over X.

In my world ( a world where respect flourishes )....he'd have been benched for the game, and if he didn't humbly apologize to the coach and team afterwards, he'd have been cut.

Agree with you James. We may not be politically aligned, my friend, but I'm with you here. To rush up violently and purposely bump into your 70-something coach is an unforgivable act. I don't care about "heat of the moment" — you don't do that to a coach. Or to a teammate, for that matter. I'd have sat his big butt down the rest of the game and put him on waivers afterwards. 

And does Vegas have a betting line for the Kelce/Swift "romance"? I'd put money on a split-up within six months. She isn't the type to put up with the kind of hot-headed bully who would do what Kelce did to Coach Reid. No way.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, susie b said:

Rumors flying all over for weeks that this is a staged romance, much like the old Hollywood studio system used to do, to re-engage the European-American fan base after the NFL lost viewership with the BLM and the taking of knees.

I understand that the NFL still hasn't regained its military fan base after all the disrespect.

Staged or not, the "romance" was already kind of nauseating when Taylor's entourage got her through the thicket and allowed her to meet and hug and make out with Kelce while the ever-present media soaked it up. I don't remember ever seeing that kind of a hook-up mere moments after a Super Bowl win. God, leave the team to celebrate. Give him a wave and blow a kiss. It just smacked of a PR moment for both parties. 

I sound like a celebrity curmudgeon, I know, but damn. This is the Super Bowl. Don't turn it into an instant post-game spectacle that advances her agenda, and his. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

BTW, here's what Kelce said during his violent verbal explosion: 

"GIVE ME THE DAMN BALL, COACH!!!! MY GIRLFRIEND TAYLOR SWIFT — THE TAYLOR SWIFT, WORLDWIDE MUSIC SENSATION — IS UP IN HER LUXURY BOX JUST WAITING FOR ME TO SCORE A TOUCHDOWN!!! DO NOT KEEP HER WAITING!!! GET THE DAMN BALL INTO MY HANDS, AND DO IT NOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!"

ScreenShot2024-02-12at3_29_49PM.png.bbd5bd45292e33f37a70ad2db17761ef.png

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, LC said:

Staged or not, the "romance" was already kind of nauseating when Taylor's entourage got her through the thicket and allowed her to meet and hug and make out with Kelce while the ever-present media soaked it up. I don't remember ever seeing that kind of hook-up mere moments after a Super Bowl win. God, leave the team to celebrate. Give him a wave and blow a kiss. It just smacked of a PR moment for both parties. 

I sound like a celebrity curmudgeon, I know, but damn. This is the Super Bowl. Don't turn it into an instant post-game spectacle that advances her agenda, and his. 

I am totally with you on this, LC!  Now that the season is over, maybe all the hype about their romance will die down..... at least until she dumps him....maybe for a baseball player.   The 2024 season starts next week..  😵‍💫

• Haha 2

On 2/12/2024 at 10:15 AM, Batman said:

I liked RFK,Jr's ad where they took JFK's old campaign ad from 1960, and inserted RFK,Jr. What did our resident advertising expert Bernie think?

Borrowed interest is not always a good thing. RFK Jr.’s spot came in dead last in USA Today’s Ad Meter Poll.

• Confused 1

One of my close friends has a son-in-law who is a CBS cameraman(person?). We had lunch 2 days ago and he confided to me that his son-in-law was working the Superbowl and his assignment was to to keep his camera trained on Taylor Swift the entire time. Then the director in the control booth could switch to his camera whenever there was a lull in the action and they had a clean shot of Taylor.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:48 PM, Raspbernie said:

Borrowed interest is not always a good thing. RFK Jr.’s spot came in dead last in USA Today’s Ad Meter Poll.

I have recently heard that RFK,Jr has denied any responsibility for the commercial and has apologized for it.