Raspberries Live (import bootleg vinyl)

LC

Without a track listing it's hard to know. Can't believe it would contain anything I don't already have. Many of those 'radio station' copies or 'soundboard' recordings are woefully poor quality and sound more like audience bootlegs. If you order one, please give us your review!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batman said:

Interesting. I wonder how they obtained the photo from the "Fresh" LP photo shoot? Bernie is the man to help us out here.

Not sure how they obtained it, but I have copies of ALL of the pics from that Fresh photo session. You can see some in Raspberries:Tonight!

store-raspberriestonight-lg-01.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you, Bernmeister! Apparantly this CD is only being sold overseas. I can buy it on eBay from Italy, The UK, and Australia. Shipping is more expensive than the cost of the cd. The label states "Made in the EU". Also, first 9 tracks are from Palace Theater, NY,NY November 7, 1973 WNEW-FM (Simulcast?)  Tracks 10-17 are from the Agora, Cleveland OH July 10,1974 WMMS-FM

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZTgAAOSwCPtlrWw-/s-l960.webp

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/jKgAAOSw7bllrWw-/s-l140.webp

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kirk said:

Without a track listing it's hard to know. Can't believe it would contain anything I don't already have. Many of those 'radio station' copies or 'soundboard' recordings are woefully poor quality and sound more like audience bootlegs. If you order one, please give us your review!

I took a copy of the track listing. See above.

• Like 1

The radio broadcast features more tracks than were shown on Rock Concert, yet omits "I'm a Rocker."

At any rate, these tracks and the '74 Agora are available for hearing and/or downloading via other avenues, so no need to bother with this CD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RCT said:

The radio broadcast features more tracks than were shown on Rock Concert, yet omits "I'm a Rocker."

At any rate, these tracks and the '74 Agora are available for hearing and/or downloading via other avenues, so no need to bother with this CD.

Where is a good place to look?

• Like 2

My links don't copy and paste for whatever reason but you can hear this concert on Soundcloud:

Stream More From The Agora | Listen to The Raspberries Live at the Agora on July 10, 1974 playlist online for free on SoundCloud

• Like 1

You can google the band + Palace Theater or Don Kirshner, several options come up for those tracks. I think they're also on itunes.

Speaking of omitting "I'm a Rocker," that SoundCloud link for '74 is missing the file for that song--what is labeled "I'm a Rocker" is actually "Tonight." Anybody have "I'm a Rocker" from that show? I've never heard that one but I have read that it's kind of an extended jam like version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good sleuthing here by all of you! You verified my fear that it's a group of previously circulated bootlegs. 😞 We're all hungry from some fresh Raspberries meat, but I'm afraid that there won't ever be any mind-blowing discoveries of long-lost, high-quality live recordings. 

My favorite all-time 'berries boot didn't make this cut: the moving combination of "Let's Pretend" (played at a slowed-down ballad pace) segueing into "Starting Over.' But at least it's on multiple other boots, and is also on YouTube somewhere....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2024 at 2:55 AM, Kirk said:

My links don't copy and paste for whatever reason but you can hear this concert on Soundcloud:

Stream More From The Agora | Listen to The Raspberries Live at the Agora on July 10, 1974 playlist online for free on SoundCloud

This is great info, Kirk - thank you! I'm on SoundCloud/have an account so I don't know if this link will open at all? Make sure you have a SoundCloud.com account before you try. Raspberries' tracks come up as the top selection! 

soundcloud.com/search?q=Live at the agora