Condolences to Rhonda B

LC

Rhonda B is a valued and frequent poster here who always adds lively and astute commentary. If you've noticed she hasn't been around lately, it's because, sadly, her beloved mother passed away on Oct. 1.  Thankfully, Rhonda got to see her the night before, having spent quality time with her at her assisted-care living home — as she has been doing regularly for a few years. In fact, having gotten to know Rhonda, I've always been extremely impressed at the care and love she'd give to her mom.

Amazingly, Rhonda — who's quite an accomplished musician — organized and played the music at her mom's memorial service. That took a ton of strength, I know. But It reflects her love and commitment to her whole family.

To add to the heartbreak, Rhonda's aunt (her mom's sister) passed away roughly a week later. So it's been a whirlwind of bad news for our friend up in Canada.

If you happen to pop in, Rhonda, my deepest condolences to you, and R.I.P. to your mom and your aunt. 

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 9:46 PM, LC said:

Rhonda B is a valued and frequent poster here who always adds lively and astute commentary. If you've noticed she hasn't been around lately, it's because, sadly, her beloved mother passed away on Oct. 1.  Thankfully, Rhonda got to see her the night before, having spent quality time with her at her assisted-care living home — as she has been doing regularly for a few years. In fact, having gotten to know Rhonda, I've always been extremely impressed at the care and love she'd give to her mom.

Amazingly, Rhonda — who's quite an accomplished musician — organized and played the music at her mom's memorial service. That took a ton of strength, I know. But It reflects her love and commitment to her whole family.

To add to the heartbreak, Rhonda's aunt (her mom's sister) passed away roughly a week later. So it's been a whirlwind of bad news for our friend up in Canada.

If you happen to pop in, Rhonda, my deepest condolences to you, and R.I.P. to your mom and your aunt. 

Thank you LC for this thoughtful and respectful post.

Hello, dear friends at ec.com. It has been an overwhelming and sad month for our family. Thank you very much for your condolences re: the unexpected death of my dear mother. The world is not the same without my mother in it. I know many of you have experienced this kind of loss. Just a couple words of advice...when a loved one dies, do not have any regrets, which I do not. And do not leave any words unspoken when you still have a chance. I am hoping to get back into routine soon. Lots of awesome topics here to comment on. ps.. check out the topic "Waiting" that I posted under "That's Rock 'n Roll."

• Like 3