Pet Peeve

Kirk

'Shorts' on Youtube. Why would I want to waste my time on 30 seconds of someone singing a song? If they're no good, I've just wasted 30 seconds of my life. If they are good, I'm frustrated that they only covered 30 seconds of the song. Irritating...

• Like 2

One petish peeve of mine: Elton John should not have used "Candle in the Wind" with new lyrics for his tribute song to Diana. One, it diluted the greatness of the song, and two, if she was his great friend she deserved her own song.

That´s it, I´m pet peeved out.

: )

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Big one for me:

when shopping for an e-book, sellers etc. most often make it impossible to find the year the book was originally published/written. Many books have been re-issued in recent years, but it is almost never clear when the book was written originally. Which is as important a thing as there is when evaluating a book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raspbernie said:

My pet peeve: people who say, “Have a good one!” Is it too hard to say “Morning,” “Afternoon” or “Evening?”

I always want to retort, “Have a good one WHAT?”

Grrrrrrrr.

That's a good one, Bernie! 🤣

Current pet peeve--Apple doesn't support my Nano or my iPod Touch...... so freakin' annoying!  I've got a ton of Eric and Berries and Eagles music on them and I can only listen to them in my truck in alphabetical order.....  grrrrrr....... 

I've used "Have a good one!" when it's obvious what time of day it is, but I want them to enjoy whatever it is they're up to.

I guess I won't be using that one with Bernie...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I've used "Have a good one!" when it's obvious what time of day it is, but I want them to enjoy whatever it is they're up to.

I guess I won't be using that one with Bernie...

I caught myself saying just that earlier when I received a delivery. It’s faster than trying to judge whether we’re on the cusp of afternoon/evening/night and easier than guessing how early into another person’s workday or schedule it is 

• Like 1

When in the left turn lane at the traffic light and the person at the front of the line just sits at the light waiting for an invitation to turn rather than pulling up so at least three other cars could make the turn before the light changes.

And along with that one, drivers who refuse to move to the left lane, when safely possible, to allow cars to merge from the ramp.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, susie b said:

When in the left turn lane at the traffic light and the person at the front of the line just sits at the light waiting for an invitation to turn rather than pulling up so at least three other cars could make the turn before the light changes.

And along with that one, drivers who refuse to move to the left lane, when safely possible, to allow cars to merge from the ramp.

susie b, you should spend your entire life driving in NJ where using a turn signal is considered a sign of cowardice, and stop signs and red lights are considered mere suggestions! Also, when doing the posted speed-limit of 65mph on the Garden State Parkway or the New Jersey Turnpike, cars pass you by as if you were standing still!

There are lots of idiots out there.

Adding to my list today...

Tourists and all the stupidity and gaping they bring with them.

Slowing down from highway speed to almost 15mph to make a right turn instead of using the generously designed right shoulder for that purpose.  I think they want to cause a pile-up!!!

People who pull out in front of you from a side street where the speed limit is 55 mph- they have no clue about speed differentials and closing rates of speed- then poke along in front of you after you've slammed on your brakes, only to speed up when you try and pass them. Idiots!

I should rename this the "feel good" thread:)

• Like 1