Favorite Cartoons?..

James

For me the 1960s was a genius decade for creativity, probably nowhere more than the cartoons from that decade. Though the stuff from the 1920s thru the 50s was pretty great too. I won´t be listing anything from then as I´m still exploring the early Disney, Fleischer, Tex Avery etc stuff. But in a year or so a lot of that stuff will make my list, not yet though.

My favorites (claymation etc. is in play here):

1. Underdog - watched it very early Saturday mornings before my family woke up.
2. Rocky & Bullwinkle Show - great fun satire, could be enjoyed by kids and adults. I enjoy it much more as an adult than I did as a kid.
3. Peanuts
4. Davey and Goliath
5. Deputy Dog
6. Johnny Quest, original series - awesome!
7. Dudley Do-Right...another that´s more appealing to me as an adult.
8. Fantastic Four (60s version)...loved it as a kid.
9. Pépe Le Pew, SO couldn´t be made today.
10. Foghorn Leghorn - "I say, I say, BOY............."  : )
11. The Frito Bandito commercials - when I show them to my employees down here in Panamá, and translate the lyrics, they friggin love them!

Honorable mention: any Popeye episode with Whimpy in it, ie: "I´ll gladly pay you Tuesday, for one hamburger today".  : )

I know I´m missing some that will come to mind later.

You guys?

• Like 1

Love many shows already listed above. 

I got up super early on Saturday mornings to watch the adventures of the Cisco Kid.

The live action Isis show.

Our Gang/Little Rascals

1960's Spiderman cartoon 

Original Scooby Doo

Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes

The Beatles cartoon

I'm sure I'll think of plenty more!

• Like 2

Rocky and Bullwinkle

The Jetsons

Quick Draw McGraw (El Kabong!)

Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse

Underdog

In addition to the many already mentioned here by others. 

Also, while not a cartoon show, in the early 1970's there was a poor man's Wonder Woman Saturday morning show called Isis, starring Joanna

Cameron.😍

• Like 1

I just remembered the Japanese anime favorites of my youth: 8th Man, Gigantor and Speed Racer. Astro Boy, not so much. LOL!

Probably because of my now-adult children, I became very fond of the first season on Pokemon. We would sit and watch them together all the time, as well as the first couple of seasons of Spongebob Squarepants. Rock Bottom and The Strangler always had the three of us rolling on the floor! Can't believe it was over 20 years ago.

The rock group Crabby Appleton got the name from a cartoon character from the CBS children's show Captain Kangaroo. Their only Top 40 song "Go Back" (from their self-titled album on Elektra) went to # 36 in July 1970. The group released 1 more album "Rotten To The Core" (also on Elektra) in early 1971 but the album failed & well as the song "Lucy" (some 45 single copies had "My Little Lucy") peaking at # 114 in November 1970. Singer Michael Fennelly went to a solo career & also went nowhere.