Only Murders in the Building

LC

Hello LC ! ....I´ll check out the show, never heard of it but sounds great.

More importantly, welcome back!.....we were worried about you, I even posted somewhere "has anyone ever seen LC and a hibernating bear in the same room?"   : )

Hope all is well, and again welcome back.

James

• Like 1

So glad to see you back here LC. 😊 Thanks for getting me hooked on "Only Murders in the Building".  It is an absolutely delicious show, co-written by Steve Martin.  Steve and Martin Short play off of each other effortlessly and their timing makes it all worth it. And the dead pan delivery of Selena Gomez balances out the characters. The show is full of comedy, exquisite satire, music, oh such good music and references to music. Steve and Martin are accomplished musicians on their own. Add to that, appearances by the likes of Meryl Streep, Sting, Mel Brooks, and so many more. And yet it is heavily tinged in the very serious human element throughout. I can't wait for the final 2 episodes of Season 3. Bernie might be pleased to know that there are references to a fictional drink called "Gut Milk" in many episodes.

I am  enjoying it through Disney plus but I know it is also on Hulu.  Right LC?😉

• Like 1

Yes, Rhonda — Hulu (some call it Zulu). I didn't know Disney Plus had it until I recommended it to you... and you found it. And yes, we anxiously await the final two episodes of Season 3. They drop on the next two Tuesdays.

Your review above is perfectly stated. The Steve Martin/Martin Short team is so perfect — these guys are totally in sync when it comes to comedic timing. And their antics will be familiar to longtime fans. Yet the storyline is so unique.

Steve Martin is sort of a beleaguered fella, trying to pick up the pieces after a divorce from several years ago. He is just stuck in neutral, going through the motions of life just to get through another day. That can happen. But then... there's a murder in the building. Steve meets Martin Short, an unpretentious but totally over-the-top director wannabe (if that makes sense) in an elevator. They become fast friends, determined to solve the murder.

And they meet Selena Gomez, a sort of direction-less young woman who joins forces with the older fellas ("What are you, like, 75?"). She's a great foil.

That Gut Milk product — I thought the same thing about its proximity to Bernie's campaign. It also goofs on the dizzying array of different types of milk out there now.

Anyway, don't miss Only Murders in the Building. Binge on it starting in S1, E1, and you won't be able to stop. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RCT said:

I won't give it away, but there's a cute ABM-inspired pun in the latest episode (S3, Ep 9).

Noticed it right away also, it's so clever... But you gotta be listening, or you'll miss it. Episodes drop on Disney plus at 5 am Tuesday mornings Mountain standard time in Canada. Could even be earlier but that's when I watched it.

Can't wait for the final episode 10 of season 3 next week.