Musings, by James

James

Muse #1.   I was listening Thursday to the soundtrack from The Sound of Music film. Of course we all know all of the songs well, but I listened closer and in a more absorbed way than I´d ever done in the past. My educated guess is that the marriage of those songs with the production team and the singers/players in 1964, was the apex of melody with respect to melody quality through the the history of our world.

My gosh was Richard Rodgers in a zone when he wrote the music to those songs! A zone, imho, that has never been matched on one album of songs.

2. I had a thought for #2, but now it´s exited my brain. Gosh.

3. Chicks dug, dig and will always dig James. This is an axiom and probably not necessary to state. 

4. Audrey Hepburn was beautiful, like an exquisite piece of art is beautiful, but she lacked sex appeal.

5. No matter how nasty the world has become, or will become, happiness is fundamentally a function of what we create in our own minds, lives etc, so no matter how bad things get, we are the masters of our happiness - nobody can make us unhappy unless we allow it. It´s all on us.

6. The cream of 19th century chicks were hotter than the same in 2023. If you don´t believe me, check out some of ole Renoir´s paintings.

7. The tide is extremely high this evening where I live and is bashing hard against our seawall. Last time this happened I woke up to a mermaid chick on my balcony. She was really hot. They say Pacific Ocean mermaids are the hottest of all. I´m not sure. Anyway, we took a romantic dip in our pool which is below my balcony. For obvious reasons I was the one who had to do the straddling.  :blush:

8. I am reading my first Herman Wouk book. It´s called "Youngblood Hawk" and it is awesome. The dude can write, entertain and educate. I will read more by him. I did love the Winds of War mini-series, and Ali McGraw´s character was for me the most attractive screen character of all time. 

9. I watched the Winds of War in early 1983 from a crummy hotel room I was renting while waiting for an apartment to be ready during grad school. I also remember during those days watching a show called "Madam´s Place". Madam was a puppet surrounded by various human characters. She was a friggin hoot !!!  Any of you guys´s ever seen it?

Anyway, that´s about it. You guys want to comment on any of James´ musings?....or offer up some musings of your own?

A reaction to James’ musings…

1.) Richard Rodgers was indeed in a groove during this period…The music from the TV production of Cinderella with Lesley Ann Warren was composed during this time and it was some brilliant stuff…Melodically, he has few peers…

2.) I forgot what my response was gonna be…

3.) Although this maybe true, there is very little concrete evidence to support this theory…I am calling James’ bluff…Show us hot chicks fetching beers and clipping toenail for the self appointed “King”…

(4., 5. And 6)-Very little argument from me…

7.) Again, pure conjecture…I’m starting to believe that James’ spends most of his time at the local Panamanian bodega watching the “pollo” spinning around and cooking on the spindle…

8.) I am still on my “book a week” crusade…Currently, I am just picking a book off the library shelf in alphabetical order according to the author’s last name for a 26 week mission…All books must be in a 200 page range to make it easier to facilitate and accomplish my objective…Subject matter makes no difference although I am getting apprehensive about Japanese authors…They seem to have a disinteresting writing style to me …They are more character driven writings than plot based…Which I prefer…I can’t find an author with the letter “x” to start their last name and may take up James’ suggestion on Wouk…

9.- Madame’s Place was pretty funny…

P.S.-I hope that James has not run into his own Yoko Ono…I saw what her influence was on John’s art and James hasn’t produced a quality poem in a while…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

3.) Although this maybe true, there is very little concrete evidence to support this theory…I am calling James’ bluff…Show us hot chicks fetching beers and clipping toenail for the self appointed “King”…

Gentlemen don´t kiss and .....show.

• Sad 1