Lotsa stuff here…

Lew Bundles

OK so...... the biggest surprise for me on that list (buried in the playlist all the way at the end) is "The Lettermen" cover of "Don't want to say Goodbye / Let's Pretend" - wow!!! I've always loved the smoothness of The Lettermen vocals and they really do the original Berries' harmonies true justice - IMO, of course!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Helen G said:

OK so...... the biggest surprise for me on that list (buried in the playlist all the way at the end) is "The Lettermen" cover of "Don't want to say Goodbye / Let's Pretend" - wow!!! I've always loved the smoothness of The Lettermen vocals and they really do the original Berries' harmonies true justice - IMO, of course!

I totally agree Helen. I have heard this before and I think it is outstanding! Especially because it shows the  beautiful, intricate melodies that Eric Carmen wrote. The Letterman do this with such conviction, with those tight harmonies that they are so famous for. I would think that when Eric Carmen listens to versions of his songs like this particular medley, he's just beaming...well, I would be. 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 3:09 AM, Rhonda B said:

I totally agree Helen. I have heard this before and I think it is outstanding! Especially because it shows the  beautiful, intricate melodies that Eric Carmen wrote. The Letterman do this with such conviction, with those tight harmonies that they are so famous for. I would think that when Eric Carmen listens to versions of his songs like this particular medley, he's just beaming...well, I would be. 

The EC melodies are certainly the first thing to draw me in. The harmonies and chord progressions are a close second...... followed by the vocals by anyone who executes them even close to the way that EC has done so effortlessly and flawlessly (all throughout his whole career going back to Cyrus Eric, etc.).

As far as The Lettermen, it certainly didn't hurt that they were very easy on the eyes! 😉 

• Like 1