2023 Hambletonian Oaks

susie b

The little filly who was born just down the road from my farm won the 2023 Hambletonian Oaks yesterday, and she won in a big way!!!

Congratulations to Heaven Hanover and all of her connections!!!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with harness racing, the Hambletonian Oaks is the Standardbred equivalent of Thoroughbred racing's Kentucky Oaks, which is the Kentucky Derby for the fillies.

Enjoy Heaven Hanover's exciting performance!

• Like 1

I understand, Kirk.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of underhanded people in the industry, especially the Thoroughbred industry, although harness racing is definitely not immune.

I refuse to deal with some of the very top trainers who are household names because they put themselves in front of the welfare of the horse.

One exception in the Thoroughbred world is California based trainer Richard Mandella.  He ALWAYS puts the horse first!!!  Noted animal advocate Bo Derek also has Richard train her horses.

I also have a horse on the East Coast who is just coming back into training after 350 days off because he needed to heal after a minor injury, and we wanted to give him plenty of time to do so.  Wish more folks thought more of the horses and less of their pocketbooks.

• Like 2