"Far Away Eyes" by Rolling Stones — masterful song and vid

LC

I loved this song from the time I got the Stones' great Some Girls album in 1978. But somehow, I never saw the "official promotional video" until today, per an offline email thread with Rhonda.

I still love the song, for its irreverence, lazy pace, understated humor, and country influence. And I love the video for the same reasons. The Stones make you wanna smile all the way through... The boys are sitting around some modest kitchen — Mick Jagger at a piano, Keith Richards with his guitar, Ron Wood on pedal steel, Charlie Watts doing his backbeat, Bill Wyman off in a corner on bass.... If you've never seen it or haven't seen it in a long time, enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LC said:

Well, yes, Kirk — I know they weren't actually playing the instruments for the video. They were in a kitchen! Plus, Mick isn't a pianist. Give me a little credit!

Actually, Mick can play a little piano! 

Love the song and video also.

Though I didn't like the 2 big hits - "Miss You" and "B of Burden"...the rest of the album was pretty much wall to wall great. For my tastes, their sound peaked with the Some Girls album and ( though its not a consistent album )..the Black and Blue album with songs with a cool sound like "Fool to "Cry" and "Memory Motel".  

• Like 1

Wow!...ironically, after posting the above, I hit the beach, and there was a live local band playing at the open air no frills restaurant just down the beach from my condo.. The band was playing like a 10 minute version of "Miss You" which I could hear from 100s of yards away. They played a 3ish minute jam towards the end of the song with a strong kead guitar standing out. It rocked !! I never liked the song, but this band's version was off the charts. I was so impressed I had to go up to the stage just to give the band a thumbs up, then continued on with my beach workout.  P. S. I think the band thought I was a terrorist, at least at first. : ) 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, James said:

Wow!...ironically, after posting the above, I hit the beach, and there was a live local band playing at the open air no frills restaurant just down the beach from my condo.. The band was playing like a 10 minute version of "Miss You" which I could hear from 100s of yards away. They played a 3ish minute jam towards the end of the song with a strong kead guitar standing out. It rocked !! I never liked the song, but this band's version was off the charts. I was so impressed I had to go up to the stage just to give the band a thumbs up, then continued on with my beach workout.  P. S. I think the band thought I was a terrorist, at least at first. : ) 

Thanks for that share James. Isn't it great when "coincidences"  like that happen!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...