Songs for frigid February

LC

This is maybe the coldest weather I've ever felt — today, between about 3 p.m. and now, going into the morning. And I grew up in western NY State. We've got arctic temperatures that are made that much worse by wild winds. I walked my dog at 4:30 p.m. but cut it very short (23 minutes) so we wouldn't get frostbite. It's now -9 F but "feels like" -32 with the wind-chill factor. That last number will bottom out at -45 overnight. (This will seem like business as usual for our Canadian posters, but... it's dangerous for us U.S. folks....)

Anyway, got a cold song to post here? I'll go with the obvious one: 

• Like 1

Well, "It's Cold Outside" belongs on this thread. Lew gave the Stiv Bators version it's own thread, so I'll put a Wally Bryson live version here. Wally! Wally! Wally! And he's got Billy Sullivan right next to him for this high-energy version of a great old song, recorded in 2018 at a charity even (Big Brothers Big Sisters of America) in Cleveland:

• Like 2

Lew, nice speech from the ultimate gentleman.

But... why in God's name did you put this on a thread about frigid-weather-themed songs? Is there any connection at all? Or are you just in a non-sequitur mood? Make sure you include this in your upcoming book The Fine Art of Hijacking a Thread.

YES! Way to go, BHPat! "Chilly Winds" gets this thread back on track. And what a great song it is. John Stewart wrote it while with the Kingston Trio and later did two solo versions, perfecting the song in the process. The Trio performance above is totally awesome (that's John on the left, with Bob Shane center and Nick Reynolds on the right). And here's how John was playing it solo, mid-1990s recording:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LC said:

YES! Way to go, BHPat! "Chilly Winds" gets this thread back on track. And what a great song it is. John Stewart wrote it while with the Kingston Trio and later did two solo versions, perfecting the song in the process. The Trio performance above is totally awesome (that's John on the left, with Bob Shane center and Nick Reynolds on the right). And here's how John was playing it solo, mid-1990s recording:

My favourite version of this song ❤

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

Because he’s “cool”…

Man, that is a reach, Lew. "Cool"...? Save it for a thread on "cool" music. We're talking freezing, sub-zero, arctic weather. (Did you know the temp reached -109 F, with wind chill factored in, at Mt. Washington, NH?) 

https://www.wmur.com/article/meteorologist-describes-record-breaking-cold-atop-mount-washington/42763378