Kevin Cronin and EC…

Lew Bundles

I read this before but I don’t think it was ever posted here…

With “Can’t Fight This Feeling,” I did not know what the name of that song was. I couldn’t figure it out, and as a result, I had a really hard time finishing that song. One day, I was really frustrated because we had an album that was due, and we really needed that song that was going to pick up where “Keep On Loving You” left off, and we didn’t have it. But I was probably over halfway finished with “Can’t Fight This Feeling,” and I felt that it was something special. So my manager, Tom Consolo, set up a writing session with Eric Carmen, who was the lead singer of the Raspberries. He’s a real sweet guy and he’s written some big hit ballads, and we were supposed to co-write. Then on the day that Eric and I were supposed to co-write, I literally woke up that morning and I felt like I had the flu. I felt like I had a fever and my stomach hurt. So I called up and cancelled the songwriting session

http://reospeedwagon.com/kevin-cronin-of-reo-speedwagon-talks-about-his-classic-hits-and-his-songwriting/

• Like 2

Would have been a big co-write for Eric, and he could have helped Kevin with some of those lyrics. For, floor, door...oy!

"'Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I started fightin' for
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crashing through your door
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1