Name Eric’s Next Album

I think it would be really cool if it were called "Everything," and Eric finally recorded his own version of the full song as one of the tracks. I always loved it on his 1975 S/T album, but he even admitted the song wasn't finished.

It's incredibly likely any new album would be his last, and having "Everything" bookend both sides of his career would be quite poetic imo.

• Like 1

Just a blank cover with no name. Let the people give it's  own name like Led Zeppelin IV. Or maybe a white wall with raspberries stains all over it.

I always thought it would have made a cool album cover for Eric's first solo album to show the white suit discarded on a heap, and also the basket of raspberries from Side 3 overturned and lying beside it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/8/2022 at 12:13 PM, Vinnie B Trask said:

I know this is kind of silly but just for fun I'd like you all to name Eric's next album.

This might never happen but assuming he releases a new studio album. what would you call it!

Vinnie, this is not silly at all...it's a great thread! It gets everyone's creative juices flowing. Mine are as slow as molasses tonight. Maybe later. Thank you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Craig Benfer said:

My ranking of Eric's solo album covers:

1. Change Of Heart

2. Eric Carmen (Geffen)

3. Eric Carmen (Arista)

4. Boats Against The Current

5. Winter Dreams

6. Tonight You're Mine

Love this idea Craig, here's my take:

1. Change of Heart (super suave and classy B&W photography)

2. Eric Carmen [Arista] (possibly the most iconic image of Eric, but reprints lose the great copper metallic effect)

3. Boats Against the Current (decent photo, but the calligraphy chosen for the font is fantastic)

4. Winter Dreams (another classy use of B&W)

5. Eric Carmen [Geffen] (not a bad photo, but it hurts a bit to see him inhaling on a cigarette)

6. I Was Born to Love You (far less effective than the Winter Dreams cover)

7. Tonight You're Mine (honestly don't hate this one completely, but I can admit it's a trainwreck)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kyletx500 said:

Love this idea Craig, here's my take:

1. Change of Heart (super suave and classy B&W photography)

2. Eric Carmen [Arista] (possibly the most iconic image of Eric, but reprints lose the great copper metallic effect)

3. Boats Against the Current (decent photo, but the calligraphy chosen for the font is fantastic)

4. Winter Dreams (another classy use of B&W)

5. Eric Carmen [Geffen] (not a bad photo, but it hurts a bit to see him inhaling on a cigarette)

6. I Was Born to Love You (far less effective than the Winter Dreams cover)

7. Tonight You're Mine (honestly don't hate this one completely, but I can admit it's a trainwreck)

I agree about the font for Boats. The Geffen album gives off more of that "rock" vibe. A similar cover would have been better used on Tonight You're Mine.

• Like 1