Clive Davis hidden agenda…

I just found out that Clive Davis co-wrote I’m All Out Of Love for Air Supply which was a big hit in 1980…Coincidentally, this is around the same time that Davis suggested that EC start recording songs written by other people…Was Davis trying to weasel his way into Eric’s pocket by suggesting that he(Davis) would write songs for EC to record?…Was this the motive for him suggesting to Eric about outside writers?..,Hmmm…

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

I just found out that Clive Davis co-wrote I’m All Out Of Love for Air Supply which was a big hit in 1980…Coincidentally, this is around the same time that Davis suggested that EC start recording songs written by other people…Was Davis trying to weasel his way into Eric’s pocket by suggesting that he(Davis) would write songs for EC to record?…Was this the motive for him suggesting to Eric about outside writers?..,Hmmm…

Interesting theory Lew, although the wiki page for "I'm All Out Of Love" seems to suggest otherwise. I don't think Clive ever had any ambitions to be a songwriter, and for that song he apparently only changed one line of lyric in the chorus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Out_of_Love