Olivia Newton-John passes

Real tough one. She´s one of those who many of us felt we knew given her class, and her being on the scene doing quality stuff for 50 years.

RIP classy lady, the fight is over, I know you are in a better place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, James said:

Real tough one. She´s one of those who many of us felt we knew given her class, and her being on the scene doing quality stuff for 50 years.

RIP classy lady, the fight is over, I know you are in a better place.

Real tough James. Even though her struggle with cancer was long, it still doesn't make it easier to hear of her death.  Hugs.

• Like 1

So sad... I loved Olivia—loved her. How could you not, if you were a teen in the 1970s. I actually sent money to her fan club just to get the photos and posters and whatnot. I had an Olivia poster hanging in my dorm room as a freshman, alongside posters of Raspberries (Starting Over), ELO (Out of the Blue), Lennon (Imagine), and McCartney (a couple of his '70s albums).

Olivia had beauty, elegance, a truly arresting voice, and overall "niceness." That song she did called "Have You Never Been Mellow"—whew. Talk about music that can soothe the soul, or soothe the savage beast... that was it. Her little vocal intonations and mellowness and coos and runs were so unique.... Still love that one. R.I.P., Olivia. 

• Like 4

How loved she was! Look at the amount of responses we have here. And yes, Boats against the Current was done beautifully by Olivia.  I am sure Eric Carmen appreciated her version.

From the John Denver "Rocky Mountain Christmas" TV special on ABC from December 1975, John Denver with Olivia Newton-John "Fly Away" (from Denver's "Windsong" album) Went to # 13 (2 weeks) on January 24 & 31, 1976 & # 1 (2 Non Consectutive weeks Adult Contemporary) on January 10 & January 24, 1976. It was also Olivia's "Let It Shine" (from 1975 "Clearly Love" album) that was # 1 on January 17 & 31, 1976 (also 2 Non Consectutive weeks Adult Contemporary) which Olivia did for the Christmas TV special. 

• Like 1

I've posted this song on the site before.  It was Olivia's last recording and with her daughter Chloe from 2021...a very beautiful, touching song.. so fitting for her voice and circumstances.  She was truly a living angel on the earth.💗

Window in the Wall

Remake of Albert Hammond 1972 song "The Air That I Breathe" (later done by The Hollies in 1974). By the way back then, I heard this song on the FM radio (kinda like channel 69 "Escape" beautiful music on SiriusXM) back in 1979, 1980 & 1981 BUT at the 2:40 till 3:28 mark, they do not play the rockin' part of that song, it goes back at the 1:35 till 2:22 mark & at the 3:28 mark till the 3:50 mark it ends!!  (audio only & album track) (from 1975 "Have You Never Been Mellow" album) The song "And In The Morning" (also from the 1975 album) is a misprint from YouTube though!!  

I would like to add 1 more song by Olivia. The song "Making A Good Thing Better" (title track to the album written by Pete Wingfield of 1975 song "Eighteen With A Bullet") that only went to a disappointing # 87 (Billboard Hot 100) & # 20 (Adult Contemporary) in July of 1977. (audio only) My late mom bought me the 45 single at the old Camelot Music record store in Fashion Square Mall in Saginaw, MI. 

• Like 1