Paul Stanley “Kisses” Raspberries ass…

Paul Stanley attended Raspberries concert

Last Friday, Paul Stanley attended the House Of Blues performance by reunited ’70s power pop rockers Raspberries (featuring Eric Carmen) in Los Angeles, CA. After the show, Paul posed with the Raspberries (see photo below – there’s also a photo of Paul with the Raspberries on KISS’ official website KISSonline).

As Paul states in the official KISS biography Behind The Mask, specific parts of some of his and KISS’ songs were inspired by certain Raspberries riffs and the Raspberries of course once opened for KISS – at the New Year’s Eve show ’74/75 at the Evansville Coliseum in Evansville, IN. On Deuce Paul says in the official biography from 2003: “The beginning of the song was me ripping off the Raspberries. The beginning of Deuce, the thing that starts it off, is me bastardizing Go All The Way. 

On Wouldn’t You Like To Know Me? off his ’78 solo album, Paul says: “The song had some of my little Raspberries licks, my Raspberries steals. It’s also [Raspberries songs] Tonightand also a little of Ecstasy. It’s my Raspberries homage. The Raspberries were absolutely awesome. What they did, they did brilliantly. I saw the original Raspberries at Carnegie Hall. And then Eric [Carmen] was out with us with Mike McBride and Scott McCarl, the later Raspberries.”

https://kissnews.wordpress.com/2005/10/24/paul-stanley-attended-raspberries-concert/

• Like 1

Interesting he didn't mention Wally, considering it was those Wallyized riffs he was nicking. Maybe that was one of the shows where Wally was out sick, leaving Raspberries as a three-piece, with EC on guitar? 

16 hours ago, LC said:

Interesting he didn't mention Wally, considering it was those Wallyized riffs he was nicking. Maybe that was one of the shows where Wally was out sick, leaving Raspberries as a three-piece, with EC on guitar? 

I think alot of people do not know who Wally is. Eric was the face of the Raspberries especially to an average music fan.

• Like 2