Citizens and visitors beware!!!

3 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

NYC is a dump…

I was born and raised less than 15 miles from midtown Manhattan. As a kid growing up, our family enjoyed many day trips to the City and never worried about crime. We considered ourselves blessed to live so near to a great center of activity. Even up until about 10 years ago, I regularly took my family in for museums, the Radio City Christmas show and restaurants. Now, you couldn't pay me to go there. I took the train in to go to the Auto show in 2019 and going through Penn Station was nauseating. There were homeless people lying all over the floors, and very agressive pan handlers not used to taking "no" for an answer. Outside, the walk to the Javits Center, previously a pleasant experience, was an exercise in avoiding trash and other disgusting things, and a wide variety of unpleasant odors. I used to love going into NYC. Now I consider it a risk not worth taking. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Picture a family from Rome Paris, etc. spending their life savings for a dream trip to nYC and getting off the plane at JFK and driving on the Van Wyck, boarded up Manhattan , Harlem , the Cross Bronx Expressway, etc. They would be absolutely stunned by the decrepidness…

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 11:54 AM, Batman said:

I was born and raised less than 15 miles from midtown Manhattan. As a kid growing up, our family enjoyed many day trips to the City and never worried about crime. We considered ourselves blessed to live so near to a great center of activity. Even up until about 10 years ago, I regularly took my family in for museums, the Radio City Christmas show and restaurants. Now, you couldn't pay me to go there. I took the train in to go to the Auto show in 2019 and going through Penn Station was nauseating. There were homeless people lying all over the floors, and very agressive pan handlers not used to taking "no" for an answer. Outside, the walk to the Javits Center, previously a pleasant experience, was an exercise in avoiding trash and other disgusting things, and a wide variety of unpleasant odors. I used to love going into NYC. Now I consider it a risk not worth taking. Just my two cents.

Where is Guliani when you need his. Before he cracked!