For the completist…

That list has my name on it, so was probably pulled from this website a couple of decades ago. Long before eBay. You had to look long and hard to find rare records/CDs back then. I placed ads in magazines and tabloids for rare tapes, videos, vinyl, etc. That's how I started my collection. Lots more stuff has certainly popped up since then.

• Like 3

Ah yes, the good 'ol trading days. Before the internet, in some cases! There was a guy back east, I think his last name was Burk- we went in on a couple of ads together and found some stuff...

Susie, have you ever posted this before here? That's great!

4 hours ago, susie b said:

Obviously an EC solo album, my "G" rated cover test pressing of Tonight You're Mine.Screenshot_20220630-081321.png.92f69a35d6f0845c8bff0d99d049b988.png

• Like 1

I came across this mini-CD on Rhino Records back in 1988, I think. It's been so long I've lost count. I found it at the Sam Goody store in the Bridgewater Mall in NJ. I had never seen a "mini" compact disc. I had to use a special adapter to play it. The drawer in my player was sized for normal CD's, and the mini would fall through!

minicd.jpg

• Like 1

That Tonight You're Mine cover will forever be a thorn in EC's catalog, visually. I wonder why he or Arista didn't think about reissuing it with a different cover—especially because Eric himself disowned it. I know of other albums that got issued with different covers in later pressings—The Beatles' Yesterday and Today, John Stewart's Fire in the Wind, and Lynyrd Skynrd's Street Survivor, as examples—not to mention The Best of George Harrison and Boz Scaggs Hits!. And all of those mentioned in this fun article:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/altered-album-covers/

• Like 1

Now that said communications are four decades old, can you feed us a few lines that shed light on what they were going for? (Well, we know what they were going for.... But what they figured would come of it?) 

Here is a small peek inside the inner workings at Arista:

ARISTA RECORDS
ARTIST DEVELOPMENT REPORT
January 15, 1980

ERIC CARMEN
I love the package for "Tonight You're Mine" and am waiting to hear some finished music. It is a strong image for Eric and not quite as "pretty boy" as in the past. Moving this to March gives us not only a little more room on the production end, but also on the promotion end. I assume we will come with a single first.

5 songs will be here Monday. We can pick a 7" when we hear it. Japan looks good. Release of the LP will be tight for March.

• Like 2