Raspberries in NJ — How'd I miss this one?

16 hours ago, Vinnie B Trask said:

Soon after that show the Raspberries were no more.

In 1975, I was a senior at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ.  My good friend since 7th grade was the head of the Rutgers Major Programming Board and it was he who booked Raspberries to play in the Rutgers Student Center in the spring of 1975. I remember them doing a great cover of Free's "All Right Now". The room was full of the so-called "townies", local high school girls trying to meet college men. Let me just say, it was a memorable evening. I remember my shock and sadness when I learned of the bands' breakup not long after that concert.

• Like 2

I was able to search the Rutgers archives and found the ad for the show, as well as the review that was printed , but the files are too large and this site wouldn't accept them. I emailed them to Bernie in hopes that he can post them. 🙏

• Like 1

Thanks Bernie! I wanted everyone to see this. My classmate Howard Wuelfing wrote a rave review. My best pal Rich was the head of the Major Programs Board. I am not totally sure of this, but I think Rich booked Raspberries as a favor to me, as he knew I was a giant fan. He reserved me a spot right up front under the stage. 

• Thanks 1