LADY by Little River Band

Rhonda B

I was just thinking of my University years in the mid- late 70s and how much I played this excellent song  "Lady"  by Little River Band 1978. An Australian band that is actually still together but of course with different members now. They had so many great hits. Aww, the music of the 70's... I think most of us here can relate.

• Like 3

Loved the 1970s, of course.

It´s funny, maybe I´m crazy (likely I am) but when I see film from the 1970s, my first thought is that those people in the film were sane and lived in a sane world where nature, working for true social progress, rational thought, strength and common sense were still foundational to our society.

James

• Like 1

James, if you're crazy it would be a "good" crazy! I never thought when I joined this site that I would get so much out of it and meet so many other "good crazies" of the 70's and other decades. Eric Carmen's music lead us here, so he's the secret weapon obviously. But as I said recently,  this site has led to so many positive conversations and discoveries. Sometimes we just don't see it James, but there are those who are working tirelessly for social progress and common sense and the greater good in our world.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 1:41 PM, Rhonda B said:

I was just thinking of my University years in the mid- late 70s and how much I played this excellent song  "Lady"  by Little River Band 1978. An Australian band that is actually still together but of course with different members now. They had so many great hits. Aww, the music of the 70's... I think most of us here can relate.

I loved the band when Glenn Shorrock was the singer. So many great songs like lady, Lonesome loser, take it easy on me, reminiscing, cool change, etc. I remember watching a special on them on public broadcasting MANY years ago that I  had on video tape but I have no idea where it’s at now. Wish I could see that again as it was a terrific concert. 

• Like 2

I liked every song I ever heard by Little River Band, but never loved a one. Though I can vision songs like "Lonesome Loser" (my fave of theirs that I´ve heard) having the potential to be awesome live.

• Like 1