Eric Carmen and the Raspberries

Bernie! The story wasn't ending at that point, as it turns out. The reunion! 

But I know what you mean. As a "current" band on the way up, they were history in 1974.... 

Vinnie, there's a great thread on "renaming the Raspberries" that's worth a read. I remember one of our great posters, I think Duane, said he thought the name, from the beginning, should have been: Eric Carmen. There were some interesting thoughts in that thread. 

I do not think their name held them back. Great name but there were too few records. When you switch out 2 members, It doesn't help.

As I have said before, Many people look at the raspberries as a one hit wonder and know DATW song more then there name.

We know better of course!

That "Best of, Featuring EC" that Bernie posted was what hooked me into becoming a freako fan. I remember listening to that album in later high school a bunch, and reading the crud out of the liner notes. Soon after buying it, I bought the 4 studios and after getting to know their studio stuff, I concluded that "Best of..." did a great job of choosing the best of the Raspberries. Of course I didn´t agree with the selection 100% but, it still was a great great collection of tunes.

3 hours ago, Vinnie B Trask said:

I do not think their name held them back. Great name but there were too few records. When you switch out 2 members, It doesn't help.

I personally like the name, but I have talked to SO many people who laugh at the name and think it's ludicrous. 

• Like 1

I think the Beatles, along with many 50s bands that came before them, blazed the trail for silly names being ok, or even cool. Raspberries (name) works for me...given the time frame in which they hit the scene.

On 4/7/2022 at 6:14 PM, James said:

In the end, imho, the music video craze depreciated music, if it had any effect. Especially the videos made later on after music videos had evolved into mostly )#$#%.

Agreed!!!!!!

• Like 1