Raspberries 45 rpm picture sleeves

LC

A question for Bernie, Kirk, and all who might know or who might have bought any of the following:

Which Raspberries vinyl 45s were issued with pictures sleeves? I know of a few that are verified at the excellent site discogs.com. But I've never seen U.S. picture sleeves for, like, "Go All the Way," "Overnight Sensation," and others. 

Here's a list in progress. Just for the record, all A-sides are Carmen except “Don’t Wanna Say Goodbye” (Carmen-Bryson) and “Drivin’ Around” (Carmen-Smalley).

FROM RASPBERRIES (debut album):
• "Don't Wanna Say Goodbye" b/w "Rock'n'Roll Mama" (Smalley)
Picture sleeve—yes, from LP cover photo.
• "Go All the Way" b/w "With You in My Life" (Bryson)
Picture sleeve? Don't know.

FROM FRESH:
• "I Wanna Be with You" b/w "Goin' Nowhere Tonight" (Smalley)
Picture sleeve—yes, text with raspberry graphic.
• "Let's Pretend" b/w "Every Way I Can" (Smalley)
Picture sleeve—yes, Rollswagen contest.
• "Drivin' Around" b/w "Might As Well" (Bryson)

FROM SIDE 3:
• "Tonight" b/w "Hard to Get Over a Heartbreak" (Smalley)
• "Ecstacy" b/w "Don't Wanna Say Goodbye" (Carmen-Bryson)
• "I'm a Rocker" b/w "Money Down" (Bryson)

FROM STARTING OVER
• "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)" b/w "Hands on You" (Bryson-McCarl)
• "Cruisin' Music" b/w "Party's Over" (Bryson)

AFTER THE FACT
In the 1980s, Capitol's "Starline" series included these Raspberries double-A-side singles. Starline 45s never (or almost never) had picture sleeves.
• "I Wanna Be with You" b/w "Let's Pretend" (1981)|
• "Go All the Way" b/w "Tonight" (1983)
• "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)" b/w "I'm a Rocker" (date unknown)

A later Capitol reissue line, Collectables, released these double-A-sides. Collectables 45s never (or almost never) had picture sleeves.
• "Tonight" b/w "I Wanna Be with You" (date unknown)
• "Go All the Way" b/w "Let's Pretend" (date unknown)

Please correct me and/or fill in the picture sleeve gaps....

raspberries-don't-wanna-say-goodbye-45.jpeg

raspberries-45-i-wanna-be-with-you.jpg

raspberries-let's-pretend.jpeg

raspberries-let's-pretend-reverse.jpeg

• Like 1

I dug out my copy of Patrick Beckers 2nd Raspberries/Eric book. He has several pages of picture sleeves from several countries. His book, long out of print, was self-published, so the pictures, as well as the pic sleeves, are done in black and white. I chose pic sleeves that are predominately in English, although some of these may have been intended for north or even south of the border. Patrick has an extensive discography in his book, which, if I were doing time in prison, could probably match up the picture sleeves with the discography. For now, enjoy the picture sleeves:

IMG_7428.JPG

IMG_7429.JPG

IMG_7430.JPG

IMG_7436.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, Kirk. I have never seen any picture sleeves of their 45's. And I have been an active record purchaser since I was 9 or 10 years old. We had a great record store in my home town that sold 45's for .69 cents. This was around 1965-6. I was in there at least once a week. More recently, in the past 10-15 years, I have scoured Goodwill and numerous other thrift stores for LP's, 45's, cassettes, CD's and the occasional reel-to-reel tape. I've never in all this time ever come across a Raspberries picture sleeve, but I have seen many of their records.

• Like 1

Hey Batman...I do the same thing...I pillage through every Goodwill and Savers store I run across for books, records and CD’s...

in the used records bins, I very rarely find any Raspberries stuff(an occasional 45 but never an lp)...But, I can find multiple copies a day of Whipped Cream and other Delights by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass...Or if I was an Anne Murray or Montovani collector, my collection would be complete in 2 or 3 minutes...

P.S.-Great stuff LC and Kirk...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

Hey Batman...I do the same thing...I pillage through every Goodwill and Savers store I run across for books, records and CD’s...

in the used records bins, I very rarely find any Raspberries stuff(an occasional 45 but never an lp)...But, I can find multiple copies a day of Whipped Cream and other Delights by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass...Or if I was an Anne Murray or Montovani collector, my collection would be complete in 2 or 3 minutes...

P.S.-Great stuff LC and Kirk...

Hey Lew,

I have come across several copies of "Starting Over" (LP), a couple of the first album, the greatest hits LP, and none of the Fresh or Side Three albums. Whipped Cream and Other Delights? I've seen enough to line the walls in every room of my house. Also lots of Montovani. But I have snagged a few rarities, like the live Glen Campbell show at the Garden State Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ and a rare Tom Jones live album from England. I never stop looking, because you can never tell what you will find. Strangely, very few Elvis Presley or Beatles records. I guess those are keepers with real staying power.

• Like 2

What a great thread started by LC. I volunteer in a second hand store for the YWCA . I never see anything by Raspberries. I did see a couple of Beatle's records but those go real quick as there are certain customers who come in just for that. I'll give another check next time I'm there and be a little bit more thorough. Thanks everyone for posting. 

• 2 weeks later...