Taylor Hawkins drummer

Very sad. From a report above:

"Taylor Hawkins had 10 different substances in his system when he died, Colombia's attorney general said Saturday in a statement.... Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines, the statement said. An exact cause of death was not announced..."

• Thanks 1

I quit drinking in 1996. I´ve got the disease AA talks about, though I worked hard and lived productively while I was drinking. Glad I quit. Not a drop since. I possibly wouldn´t have made it to 50 as he did if I hadn´t quit. Anybody reading this who´s addicted, please get help, it´s ok. And don´t forget, God loves you, unconditionally. Go to him.

• Like 7

James, congratulations and thank you for sharing that deeply personal Journey! Taking the first step is where it's at. We have a close family member, who for 40 years has yet to take that first step. Not everyone has the internal fortitude to continue the journey as you did. 💐

• Like 3

James, a tip of the hat to you, my friend, for your success against your demons...I’m sure that it still is a battle from time to time, but I admire your intestinal fortitude to take a stand and turn your life around...

Lewisa couldn’t have left me for a better man...

P.S....Nothing wrong with asking God for help...He’s a great friend to have...

• Like 3

Bravo James!!!

I remember going to dinner with a dear friend & neighbor years ago.  I ordered an iced tea, and my friend said, "Susie, it's ok to order a drink in front of me if you want one."

I was confused.  I just wanted iced tea. 

She went on to tell me that she had been in AA for ten years and that she had almost ruined her life before AA (before I met her).  I never knew, because by the time I moved into the apartment across the hall from hers, she was totally together and was running her own successful PR firm.  She also told me that our other friend was her sponsor.  I never knew these ladies had trouble with alcohol, and I'm grateful that the program saved their lives.

So glad James is with us, too.

🙂

• Like 4