The Way We Used To Be-Tom Michael

Wow! Not so much because of the performance, but because you posted this cover before Kirk got to it! As for the vocal here.... I hadn't heard of Tom Michael, so I googled. He's a Chicago-area singer who has released several CDs. I admire that he covered this song, and he has a pleasant enough voice, as contemporary crooners go, but it feels a little forced to me. Like, the engagement level is less than you'd want. What do others think? 

• Like 1

I won't be quite as harsh but as we know and I've said before, we are very spoiled by Eric, and after Eric Carmen singing his own songs, why bother? 

That being said. I give anybody  huge props who attempts a song like this. The  melody line is not an easy one ..the notes go from low to high and back again. And this guy does it quite easily but with very little emotion attached . The song is so beautiful I don't mind listening to it just to hear that great Melody.

• Like 2

Nice! Good find, Lew! The reason this one eluded me- there is no reference to Eric in the listing- just the song title.

As far as what Larry noted- Lew finding this before me- I can only have one thing to say. Lew, your chance at moderator is toast!😆

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 6 months later...

This singer has a beautiful voice and did a nice job with the song. However, this is my favorite Eric song and in my opinion no one can sing it with as much raw emotion as Eric does. He makes you feel the angst of a lost love in a way that everyone can identify with. That's what makes him the musical genius that he is.

• Like 2