Guarantee that Eric...

Lew Bundles

I don’t care how big you are or how famous and successful you may be, it would seem almost impossible to ignore a website that bears your name...

As active as EC was on Twitter, I find it difficult to believe that he has gone into absolute social media hibernation...

Therefore, I gotta believe that Eric still checks in on this site...

• Like 5

Dear Lew: I admire your candour and of course it is more than possible, as EC can register incognito. I know that would be great to know..believe me as a new member I never got to experience what past members have through discussing directly with EC: music, sharing, and just being educated about the mysteries of the music business and other controversial topics sometimes. My reason for coming here was to talk about his music and this site does it so well thanks to Bernie of course. I  absolutely had no idea that Eric Carmen was actually conversing with the fans here. The first time I saw his name in Big Red Letters I thought,  are you kidding me?? It only enhanced my opinion of him. I'm happy for you and the others who had that opportunity.  I'm  just honoured to relive all of those moments by reading posts from the past 20 years.  My only wish is that he has  happiness, health and love in his personal life, as I would wish for all of us. ♥️

Rhonda B

• Like 2

It is odd, Lew, that someone would ignore/avoid a website—a fan website—bearing his name. But, as everyone in the world says these days, it is what it is. Maybe Eric will pop back in and post from time to time down the road? We can hope.

Rhonda, nice post. In your archive-digging, I hope you've come across this thread: 

Apologies if you've already seen that one. Eric was very active within it. And even though it started out as a "Desperate Fools" thread, he related some long and eye-opening stories about the making of Boats Against the Current—and dealing with engineer Gus Dudgeon. 

He also tossed off this great one-liner: "If 'Boats' is the only record you're taking to that island, you better have a great big bottle of prozac with you. Or a noose." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LC said:

It is odd, Lew, that someone would ignore/avoid a website—a fan website—bearing his name. But, as everyone in the world says these days, it is what it is. Maybe Eric will pop back in and post from time to time down the road? We can hope.

Rhonda, nice post. In your archive-digging, I hope you've come across this thread: 

Apologies if you've already seen that one. Eric was very active within it; even though it started out as a "Desperate Fools" thread, he related some long and eye-opening stories about the making of Boats Against the Current—and dealing with engineer Gus Dudgeon. 

He also tossed off this great one-liner: "If 'Boats' is the only record you're taking to that island, you better have a great big bottle of prozac with you. Or a noose." 

Thanks for reposting that thread, LC. I too wish I could've been privy to this site and Eric's music while he was still active on here; some of the anecdotes and insights he shared on here were incredibly fascinating. But hey, we at least have some of these archived threads to ooh and ahh over.

• Like 3

Thanks LC for digging... I did not see that post but I did know a little bit about his troubles with his BOAT  album. Sure was  an eye opener!! I totally get what he means about Prozac and The Noose...great sense of humour.

My favourite song of his, as I posted on my profile, is Desperate Fools. Bernie was so kind to post a video of his  only time performing it in the year 2000. But that's under The Forum Ecstasy on this website. The reason it had such an impact on me: I was in second year university when I heard it the first time back in 1978 and I was missing my family  after moving from the farm to the city.  I wasn't sure at that time if my decision to leave behind my performing life was the correct one to pursue a music degree. The line "and I'm so far from home"  strikes great sadness in me every time I hear it....I've never heard anyone else ever talk about the song till I got on here a few months ago. To hear that it was a personal song to him about his dealings in the music business just made me  love it more as I could identify.  Also, it's taken me a few months to totally navigate this website, but now I think I got a handle on it. So I sure appreciate anytime somebody can point me to these posts.

• Like 1