Impressive Cover of an old Todd Rundgren Song

That is really, really, really good. It made me investigate Foxes & Fossils.... Such a talented ensemble. I found a nice readings of "Landslide," "Doctor My Eyes," and "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes." The latter was apparently the first time they did a live performance together, and it's stunningly good. Just one of the 'foxes" is the leader's daughter; the other is her friend. And they later recruited another young woman named Chase who's also quite a vocal talent. Look for her version of "O Holy Night" — it's quite moving.

Nice find, Vinnie—thanks for this.

• Thanks 1

I know EricCarmen.com will never get close to the attention fans gave it when it inspired Eric and the band to reunite for a series of concerts, but threads like this one, and others in recent days tells me it still has a purpose. And a voice. And serves as a place for more introspective dialog than vapid social media posts ever could. 

Glad I was convinced to keep it around.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

The amazing thing about F and F is they have never performed in a place bigger than a small bar or restaurant, furthermore they have only played a handful of gigs These are very low-level gigs but the videos went viral eventually and it generates 45K per quarter in revenue for them of him(Tim).  I am sure this is ever increasing.This had led to studio videos like Harvest Moon,

There are many different ways to succeed in music that this act is living proof!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie B Trask said:

The amazing thing about F and F is they have never performed in a place bigger than a small bar or restaurant, furthermore they have only played a handful of gigs These are very low-level gigs but the videos went viral eventually and it generates 45K per quarter in revenue for them of him(Tim).  I am sure this is ever increasing.This had led to studio videos like Harvest Moon,

There are many different ways to succeed in music that this act is living proof!

Yup!!!  Not so much about the craggy old cigar smoking record executives having a monopoly, anymore.  The music business seems to be more democratic in the favor of the artists, although you still have streaming services cheating on royalties.  I believe that's why so many big names have sold their catalogs.  Cash out and let some corporate bean counter fight another corporate bean counter for the royalties.

• Like 2

Agree, though I see a bigger picture, and understand that the "corporate bean counters" brought us the music from the 60s and 70s, and for that I say thank you to them, and also for that I believe they deserve  a huge check mark in the credit column.

• Thanks 1

The Fendertones are my favorite cover band, but in just a days' time this group has moved up to #2 for me. I spent an hour this morning listening to a bunch of their recordings. Great finds Vinnie and Craig.

This band would be very good without the girls, but the way the girls are incorporated into the group, and their singing skill and charisma, moves this group into cover band stardom.

An advantage they have over The Fendertones though,  is they are commercializing their music, making it available to the public at a decent price, which itself is good, but the fact they may earn decent money will allow them to do what they do to a greater extent, and for a longer time, and could even draw investors that potentially could take them to another level.

• Like 1