Obituaries...

susie b

I guess we are all at that place where our beloved older family members, entertainers and music heroes are passing.

Making me pretty sad as you think these folks will be around forever.

Our family members will remain in our hearts; the actors will live forever on the screen, and the musicians will continue to be in the soundtrack of our lives through the magic of the recording arts.

If this trend continues, Bernie is going to have to create a new category in the forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I guess one could really make a case for the hardest working EC song of all...  All by Myself

A couple other titles qualify:

Don't Want to Say Goodbye

Goin' Nowhere Tonight

I Saw the Light

Nowhere to Hide

💮💮💮💮💮💀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 10:53 AM, susie b said:

I guess we are all at that place where our beloved older family members, entertainers and music heroes are passing.

Making me pretty sad as you think these folks will be around forever.

Our family members will remain in our hearts; the actors will live forever on the screen, and the musicians will continue to be in the soundtrack of our lives through the magic of the recording arts.

If this trend continues, Bernie is going to have to create a new category in the forum.

Agree. The site is on the way to becoming an obituary page. I love that deaths are reported here, and that we can comment, but they really do need to be isolated to a separate section, imho.

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yes… for sure the board should have an obit page. It does two things:

A) Honors those who passed because the alerts will stand out more. As it is, they tend to get buried in Everthing or one of the music categories. (Ugh—unfortunate choice of word there—buried).

B) Keeps other relevant topics higher, so they don’t get lost in the increasing number of obit alerts.

Bernie, I could help migrate posts into it. I bet Kirk would, too. 

The suggested section title that made me “lol” was Vinnie’s “My Heart Stops.” But… I suppose the subject calls for reverence, so I’d vote for Susie’s suggestion of “Don’t Wanna Say Goodbye.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LC said:

Bernie, I could help migrate posts into it. I bet Kirk would, too. 

I’ll do it also...Oh wait, I can’t...I’m not a “chosen one”...(But, of course Diane D is who hasn’t been on here since being rejected by James for the 20,000th time way back in nineteen two...)

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Lew Bundles said:

I'll do it also...Oh wait, I can’t...I’m not a “chosen one”...(But, of course Diane D is who hasn’t been on here since being rejected by James for the 20,000th time way back in nineteen two...)

Lew, 

You need to pull the grass skirt out of the closet and cry equality.  

Since Diane D abdicated, there is ZERO female representation in the EC.com hierarchy.

Hmm... 

Maybe I should apply and use my Amazon skills to enforce good behavior.

Have sword & horse, Bernie.

Will travel.

8q7vdPD1XP2mEiLanSqkb9efRR7U54exmJMKRmvsOYs.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lew Bundles said:

Do it Susie...That famous last name gives us instant credibility...

Who better to govern the lawless posts of EC.com than Lawless????

Thanks, Lew.  I know what you really meant, but really, you DO need to get that grass skirt in circulation again with Tommy.

💋