Actor Sidney Poitier Passes

He was always classy, and had an innate dignity. That dignity that he possessed, and other Black people possessed, did a lot to shame people out of bigotry they inherited from their times, and thus he, and others, did a lot to get us to where we realized MLK´s dream, and we did realize it. 

We had a maintenance man/gardener named Fred working at our condo in Naples Fla back in the 60s where we lived during the summers...Fred reminded me of Sidney Poitier. Same class, same dignity, same innate strength from a hard life....we loved him. My little brother who was about 8, the one who died earlier this year, would follow him around all day like a shadow, cuz he loved him so much, and vice-a-versa.

It´s guys like them who brought race relations forward. It´s guys like them we should extol as leaders of our society, and examples for our kids.

RIP Sidney, thanks for all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, James said:

we loved him. My little brother who was about 8, the one who died earlier this year, would follow him around all day like a shadow, cuz he loved him so much, and vice-a-versa.

It´s guys like them who brought race relations forward. It´s guys like them we should extol as leaders of our society, and examples for our kids.

So very well put James. Very touching sentiment and also my condolences on the loss of your brother.❤️

My mom was such a big fan of Sidney Poitier ..she loved the movie "Lilies of the Field" , she especially loved the Amen/response song in that movie... and wanted me to learn it so  I could sing it at church..which  I did.  BTW Sidney Poitier did not do the vocals on this song they were dubbed by somebody else. Apparently Sidney was tone deaf! Who would have thought that? He did a very good job acting the part of a singer.

youtu.be/bdtl4SwNEW0

• 2 weeks later...