"All for Love"

20220106_200629.thumb.jpg.275a80b29e0ddff3c68771988bd0eab6.jpg

Only for my mother would I do this, be driving at night when it's minus 40 degrees Celsius...to go in and help feed her in long-term care... so yes All for Love is very appropriate.

And I actually did have this song on in my car... it's my favourite go to driving song and it's just my favourite Eric Carmen song (along with Desperate Fools).

Everything about All for Love that makes this my favourite song:

1. The  acoustic guitar/piano introduction ..can't get enough of this...so well performed.

2. When EC harmonizes with himself in a lower voice register...so great... I  like to call this attractive singing.

3. The well-carved lyrics about a significant other not being patient enough to wait for someone who has chosen to pursue their dreams. I identify with this lyric.

4. Then we have the saxophone/ instrumental that serves as the bridge and wakes you up from the beautiful ballad to....it's time to shout in the Rock voice. LOL

I can play All for Love 5 times in a row and I never tire of it. And it's been around for 42 years now I believe.

I hope you are warm and cozy wherever you are.

Rhonda B.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Raspbernie said:

One of my favorites, too. The moment when Eric breaks into the last chorus after the sax solo gives me such an incredible rush. That brief pause in between the solo and Eric’s voice is pure magic.

I've always liked the way Eric melds the end of the sax solo- with the violin part in the chorus- same note, different instrument. Genius!

• Like 2

Yes Kirk! Isn't that so cool.. not everyone would pick up on that.
... those intricate details musicians add to  their songs... The good majority of these  details go unnoticed.  But you can find something a little extra in just about all EC songs. Like in  
" Brand New Year" for example,  I read his comments about the production of the song and I would not have known the little clink he added to .."here's a toast to .."
was actually wine glasses.. I heard it but I didn't know that it was actually two wine glasses.  

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 3:19 AM, Kirk said:

I've always liked the way Eric melds the end of the sax solo- with the violin part in the chorus- same note, different instrument. Genius!

His instrumentations (orchestrations) are always stellar! As someone with instrumentalist and piano background, it's one of the things I most appreciate about his music! ❤️👍

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Great thread! Thanks Rhonda, Bernie, Krik... and Helen G! I'm just realizing, Helen, that you sound musically trained as well! That's great—make sure you chime in on the waltz/Change-of-Heart bit in this thread: