Billy Hinsche (Dino, Desi & Billy) dies

Matthew C. Clark

Gotta tell you, I don’t think I have ever heard any of their songs, but thanks Matt for posting these videos...The songs are pretty good...

P.S-Does

anyone know why the audience on their first Sullivan appearance burst on laughing when Ed was introducing them?

P.P.S.-Who needs Marvin when you have Matthew C. Clark.. 

8 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

Gotta tell you, I don’t think I have ever heard any of their songs, but thanks Matt for posting these videos...The songs are pretty good...

P.S-Does

anyone know why the audience on their first Sullivan appearance burst on laughing when Ed was introducing them?

P.P.S.-Who needs Marvin when you have Matthew C. Clark.. 

The audience is laughing at Ed's joke comparing the total age of the members of the band to Jack Benny's age.

Interesting that the band chose to cover one of my favorite Rick Nelson tunes, although D,D & B lack the punch of Rick's vocals, James Burton's Telecaster & Joe Osborn's bass line & the groovy percussion.

16 hours ago, susie b said:

The audience is laughing at Ed's joke comparing the total age of the members of the band to Jack Benny's age.

Susie, I’ m not sure that’s why they were laughing...The laughter comes a full few seconds after he says the “age” line...The laughter causes Ed to turn around, he laughs, then hurried the introduction...Maybe Dean’s kid, to honor his dad, takes a quick swig of vodka and pedialyte...

• Haha 1

A funny drummer story from the wonderful late Hal Blaine...

Hal received a letter addressed to "The World's Best Drummer".

Hal thought an error had been made and forwarded the unopened letter to Buddy Rich.

Well of course Buddy immediately opened the letter and was shocked to read the following salutation...

Dear Mr. Bellson...

Ba-dum-bum.

☺️

• Haha 2