Rough stretch

Lew Bundles

Something I've worked on for some years is the basics of what the Stoics taught, ie: that it matters not what the world throws at you because the world cannot do harm to your soul, mind or heart (your inner being) ..unless you allow the world to do so. So it matters not what the world does to you, because what matters is how you respond to what the world throws at you. 

Corruption?   Evil?  Pandemic?  Govt harassing and stealing from me?   .....bring it on Mr. World!......I'll fight back with a smile, sans hatred in my heart, and I'll enjoy the fight as much as any success or good stuff the world throws my way.

Easier said than done, but can be done.

Take care Lew, you're a big time winner with a ton of love and youthfulness in you. God still needs you out there as his soldier, especially in these times. He will take care of you.

James

• Like 3

Hang in there, Lew.

The Universe has just told you it's time to take stock.

Maybe it's time to work for the toughest boss of all, yourself.

You have years of experience and many skills.

You have the brains and entrepreneurial spirit to make it work.

Jump in the pool with James, me and others.  The water is fine!

😊

• Like 3

Oh man! Sorry to hear that Lew. 

A friend from my past found me here several weeks ago, and we've been doing a lot of private messaging. One of the things he wrote was...

"I am a great believer in everything happening for reasons we can't imagine.  I believe that was a life lesson that I learned just when I needed to. I have had a few of those in my time and they always made me a better version of me.  ....things that happened and seemed like the end of the world, only to end up bettering my life in the end."

Yep. Life throws things at us occasionally that knock us out of our comfort zone. In the end, we seem to adapt and come out of it in a better place. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hanging in there, Craig...Trying to wrap up the sale of my mom’s house (a few snags along the way) and then move forward in the job search...Technically, I could retire but am not willing or financially able to do that at this point...Thanx for asking...Also, I wanted to ask you a question: when Bernie reinstated the board , I called you with a phone # that we had exchanged...I left a messsge to tell you about the good news...Then you came on board immediately after that..Was that In response to the voice mail I had left or just a coincidence?

• Like 1

I was periodically checking to see if the board was up and running again, probably on average every other day. On the day that you called, I wasn't at my desk and had left my cell phone lying there. When I returned, I saw that I had missed a call and heard your message. I immediately logged on to see that the site was active again.

• Like 1

Of course Lew isn't James ..( though who is? ).....

....BUT Lew will still take the lemon, and make lemonade...( ..or possibly lemon wine and become rich with the invention?? )...and conquer all.

Hey, before all you cynics scoff, they said people'd never eat pineapple on pizza!

: )

• 9 months later...

I’m happy to hear you found another position Lew. Sadly, a lot of times the salary is less. I feel very fortunate to be able to name my price as a Phd level Rn. I encounter people daily who have had to compromise to maintain their lives. You are a very imaginative, talented writer. 

• Thanks 1